- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Request A FREE Catalog—Learn how!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- July Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Featuring Blooms & Wishes
- July Too Cool Team Shoebox Swap—July 11, 6-9pm.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Rescheduled for July 21, 6:30-8:30pm.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Are you doing anything special for the long, 4th of July holiday weekend? I'm hoping to enjoy some relaxing and rejuvenating time at the lake with family. Whatever you do, I hope that you have a fun & safe holiday weekend!
Today, I'm sharing the first of three projects that come in my Blooms & Wishes Stamp-of-the-Month Kit. If you like these cards, register now for the complete Blooms & Wishes Class-To-Go Kit!
Blooms & Wishes Off-Set Gate Fold Card
One of the things that makes the Blooms & Wishes stamp set so special is that all of the floral images layer together so beautifully. Just pick some coordinating colors and you can create your own designer paper that is lovely every time! I adore the color combination of the Blooms & Bliss Designer Series Papers, because they coordinate with all the colors of the Too Cool Stamping logo! I couldn't wait to stamp my own floral collages to match this paper! I think you'll love it, too!
Our class will feature two of these cards, one in Island Indigo and one in Rich Razzleberry, so you'll get a chance to try several of the pretty patterns of DSP.
Gate Fold Basics—I love the fun opening on this card—an off-set gate fold! I started with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Island Indigo card stock, scored along the 8-1/2" side at the 2-3/4" and 7" marks. The front panels are decorated with Blooms & Bliss DSP papers measuring 2-1/2" x 5-1/4" and 1-1/4" x 5-1/4". I used the darker, more solid patterns, so my focal point would really pop!
TIP: Sometimes getting the edges of the gate fold to line up is a little tricky. To help this, as you fold the card after scoring, line up those ends before you use your Bone Folder to crease the folds. Once you get the edges nice and flush, then run your Bone Folder over the card's folds to "set" the them in the correct position.
TIP: Crease your folds really well with a Bone Folder, so they lay as flat as possible. I find that it helps to turn the card over and press the folds really hard with the tip of the Bone Folder.
Floral Collage—The gate fold cover starts with a 2-3/4" x 4-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the Blooms & Wishes sentiment in Island Indigo ink first, then stamped the flowers around it in this order:
- Stamp 2-3 large flowers in Blushing Bride ink
- Stamp the large flower centers in Sweet Sugarplum ink
- Stamp 3 medium flowers in Blushing Bride ink
- Stamp 3 small Rich Razzleberry flowers around the edges
- Stamp 3 small circles in Island Indigo ink
- Fill in the gaps with leaves in Mint Macaron ink
Shimmery Flowers—If you look closely, you'll see that I added some shimmer to some of the flowers with the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. I glimmered the Razzleberry flowers, the Sugarplum flower centers and the blank spaces inside the small Blushing Bride flowers. So SO pretty!
I matted the stamped layer onto a 3" x 4-1/2" piece of Island Indigo, then wrapped Mint Macaron 3/8" Sheer Linen Ribbon around it and tied it into a double-knot bow. The front panel is attached to the the left side panel only with Dimensionals.
Inside Décor—This stamp set can make the insides as pretty as the outside!
I stamped more flowers in Blushing Bride with Sugarplum centers and some Mint leaves, then added a 1/4" strip of Blooms & Bliss DSP along the bottom. I finished up with more Wink of Stella Clear on the flowers.
Two Cool—Our second class card starts with a Rich Razzleberry card base, along with coordinating Blooms & Bliss DSP on the front panels.
Sweet Stamping—I used the larger phrase from Blooms & Wishes on this card, stamping it first in Rich Razzleberry, then adding the collage of flowers in this order:
- Stamp 3 large flowers in Blushing Bride ink
- Stamp the large flower centers in Sweet Sugarplum
- Stamp 3 medium flowers in Island Indigo (stamped off once)
- Stamp the leaves around the edges to fill the gaps in Mint Macaron
This time, I added Wink of Stella to the Indigo flowers and Sugarplum flower centers. That little bit of shimmer really makes this card even more beautiful!
Inside Décor—I love how the inside of this one turned out. Honestly, it's really difficult to go wrong when you're layering these blissful blooms!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Blooms & Wishes (photopolmer)
- Ink—Blushing Bride, Island Indigo, Mint Macaron, Sweet Sugarplum, Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink
- Paper—Blooms & Bliss DSP; Island Indigo (card #1), Rich Razzleberry (card #2), & Whisper White Card Stock
- Accessories—Mint Macaron 3/8" Sheer Linen Ribbon (card #1), Sweet Sugarplum Ruched Ribbon (card #2), Wink of Stella Clear
- Tools—Simply Scored, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,