- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Papers—Save now thru October 31!
- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the current products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- November Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Jolly Friends.
- Santa's Sleigh Holiday Gift Class—November 20. RSVP by November 7.
- Projects & Pizza Night—November 3. 6-10pm. Casual Stamping at my studio.
- December Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Star of Light. December 4.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today's cards highlight one of my favorite stamping techniques—emboss resist! I'm bringing back the adorable little penguin from last year's Snow Place stamp set for a fun & frosty holiday card!
But first, I've got a sneak peek video of a brand new product that will be available beginning on November 1! The Stitched Shapes Framelits are a product from the 2017 Annual Catalog, but Stampin' Up! is debuting it early! The set includes popular sizes of square, circle and oval dies, all with a pretty stitch-like border! Check out the Stitched Shapes Framelits video to see details.
CASEd from Nina Janssen at de Stempelolifant.
Snow Place Jolly Christmas Emboss Resist Cards
Although there are lots of fun new Christmas stamps in the Holiday Catalog, I couldn't "resist" bringing back the adorable Snow Place set from last year for these cards!
Emboss Resist Layer—I started this card by stamping the Snow Place snowflakes all over a 5-1/4" x 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock in VersaMark Ink. I sprinkled on White Embossing Powder, or you could also use Clear Embossing Powder, then heated it up until smooth and glossy with the Heat Tool.
Next, I randomly sponged on a little Island Indigo ink with a Sponge Dauber. I sponged the remaining areas with Pool Party ink, then wiped off the excess ink with a tissue.
Background Basics—I layered the embossed piece on a 5-1/4" x 1-3/4" piece of Island Indigo and adhered that to a 5-1/4" x 4" layer of Whisper White. After adding the sentiment, the card front was mounted on a Pool Party card base.
Penguin—I stamped the Snow Place penguin in Memento Black Ink onto Whisper White, then colored it with Pumpkin Pie ink & a Blender Pen for his beak and feet. I stamped the scarf in Memento Black, too, and colored that with Island Indigo. Both are die cut with the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits, then popped up with Dimensionals.
Sparkly Sentiment—I die cut the Christmas Greetings Thinlits "jolly" from Silver Glimmer Paper and adhered it with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Then, I added a Holly Jolly Greetings word to complete the phrase underneath in Memento Black ink.
Two Cool—For my second card, I adorned the penguin with a Cherry Cobbler scarf and added the Christmas Greetings word with Red Glimmer Paper. I like the bright pop of color on this one!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Snow Place (photopolymer), Holly Jolly Greetings (clear, wood)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Island Indigo (card #1), Cherry Cobbler (card #2), Pumpkin Pie
- Paper—Silver Glimmer Paper (card #1), Red Glimmer Paper (card #2); Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White
- Accessories—White Embossing Powder
- Tools—Snow Friends Framelits, Christmas Greetings Thinlits, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Blender Pen, Heat Tool, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
I'd Love To Hear From You!
Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Until next time,
Registration Now Open For Santa's Sleigh Holiday Gift Class
Sunday, November 20, 2-5 p.m. • Too Cool Stamping Studio
Registration Closes November 7, 2016—Sign Up Today!__________________________________________________________________________________
Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Series Paper Sale!
Save on all $11 DSP packs from both the Holiday Catalog and the Annual Catalog thru October 31. No limit. Specialty DSP packs are not included in this sale. Shop Designer Series Papers SALE Now!