Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLASS: Countdown To Christmas Class—Sept. 6. Register by Aug. 25
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Class—August 28
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- SPECIAL: Short & Sweet Starter Kit Promo—Now Thru August 28
- SPECIAL: Big Shot & Bundles Special—Now Thru August 31
- SPECIAL: 50% Off Paper Pumpkin Kits—Ends September 10
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
There's just a few days left to register for my September Countdown To Christmas class! This is the first of a 4-part class series to help you get your holiday cards done a little at a time!* * * * *
Let Me Help You! Do you love sending out handmade Christmas cards, but always find yourself at the last minute without any cards to send? Well, this year, it's gonna be different!
My 2nd Annual Countdown To Christmas Class Series will help you create 48 holiday cards in plenty of time to get them sent out to friends and family. Make a dozen cards with me each month during a relaxing Girls Night Out or at your convenience with a Class-To-Go Kit! See my Countdown To Christmas page for complete details.
September's Class Features Bright & Beautiful
Saturday, September 6, we're starting the holiday card series with the elegant star images in the Bright & Beautiful stamp set. See September's Class Details for kit contents, class prices and a Bundle Upgrade option. Hurry! Registration ends August 25.
NEW FOR DEMONSTRATORS! Want to participate, but already own the Bright & Beautiful stamp set? I'm now offering a CARDS ONLY Kit for demonstrators only. Cost is $20, plus $5.60 for shipping, if needed.
* * * * *
Today, I'm sharing the second card design for this stamp-a-stack style class. I've already featured the first card design on a previous post: Silver Bright & Beautiful cards.
Six of the cards in the Bright & Beautiful Class Kit will be this warm, rich, Cherry Cobbler design with gold foil accents. I have one with only Cherry Cobbler stamping on for the stars, and another that incorporates gold embossing—so elegant!
Background Basics—I started with a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Soft Suede card stock and used the smallest Bright & Beautiful star image to stamp on a random background in the same color ink. For some texture, I wrapped a strip of the new Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon (coming in the Holiday Catalog) around the card stock and secured the ends on the back. The layer is adhered to a Cherry Cobbler card base.
Cherry Star Details—The two larger star designs in the Bright & Beautiful set layer beautifully to create a pretty, stacked star design. I stamped each size in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla, then die-cut them with the coordinating Star Framelits. Both layers are popped up with Dimensionals.
Bundle It & Save—From now thru August 31 only, you can purchase the Bright & Beautiful stamps and Stars Framelits together in the Bright & Beautiful Stars Bundle (wood) and SAVE 15%! You can also upgrade your Countdown To Christmas Class Kit to include this discounted bundle! See details.
Gold Star Accents—The golden star outline makes a delightful detail on the star's center. I used the star punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack to punch out a window in Gold Foil, then used the smallest Star Framelit to cut the outer star shape. I love how these two tools work together to make a fun "ring-like" star shape! I recommend adhering it with Multipurpose Glue, being careful not to get the adhesive on the shiny surface. I finished off the center with a small Pearl Jewel.
Sentiment & Banner Accents—The Bright & Beautiful set comes with some festive words that I used on the 2" x 3/4" banner peeking out from under the star layers. I stamped one end of the banner with the star design in Baked Brown Sugar ink, then added the "joy" in Cherry Cobbler. I layered it on another Gold Foil banner that's the same size, then finished with a couple more Pearl Jewels.
The second version of this card design is my favorite because I added some elegant gold embossing!Gold Embossed Star—The larger of the two stars was stamped in VersaMark ink on Very Vanilla, then embossed with Gold Embossing Powder before being die-cut. I think that embossing really pulls the whole card together!
The words are small enough that they work well in either direction! I love options!
Just like the insides of my first Bright & Beautiful card design, I decorated the insides of these cards by punching a fun star border with the awesome Confetti Stars Border Punch. Seriously, this punch extends the star theme to the inside and sends it over the top! Love, love LOVE it!
The sentiment, also from Bright & Beautiful, is stamped in Soft Suede ink.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Bright & Beautiful (wood) OR Bright & Beautiful Stars Bundle (wood) available only thru August 31.
- Ink—VersaMark (card #2); Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede and Baked Brown Sugar Classic Ink
- Paper—Gold Foil; Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Gold Silver Embossing Powder (card #2), Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Stars Framelits OR Bright & Bright & Beautiful Stars Bundle (wood) available only thru August 31, Big Shot, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Confetti Stars Border Punch (coming August 28), Heat Tool (card #2), Embossing Buddy (card #2), Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!
Product Quick Links
- NEW Remaining 6 Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- NEW Project Life Product Line—Quick & easy memory keeping system!
- Pre-Paid Paper Pumpkin Subscriptions—Now available for easy ordering!
- NEW Arrivals—See the latest product releases!
- Browse the Annual Catalog Online PDF