- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
- Nov Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
Hi Stamping Friends!
This month's "Last Thursdays" cards feature some beautiful fall-themed cards and several awesome techniques that are quick & easy! if you're in the Fort Wayne, IN, area, I hope you can join us! Today, I'm sharing the last card we'll be creating at the event, and it's so simple & stunning!
• • • • •
September's "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, September 28, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, we'll be featuring fall-themed all-occasion cards & some awesome stamping techniques. This class is perfect for any level stamper, but it's designed for new stampers to get a feel for the basics! Class Fee—$15 OR it's FREE with a minimum order placed at the event! See Complete "Last Thursdays" Details.
Bring-A-Friend, Select 5 Hand-Made Cards—Bring a friend who has never been to my classes before and you'll be able to select a your choice of 5 cards from my card rack!
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
CASEd from Tami White at Stamp With Tami.
Masked & Sponged Maple Leaf Tree Cards
Masking is a simple technique that creates beautiful results! On today's "Last Thursdays" card, I combine masking with the tree silhouette from Sheltering Tree for stunning autumn cards! It's so easy! Let's take a look...
Background Basics—I kept the background of this card very simple & clean. I embossed a 4-1/4" x 3" piece of Whisper White with the Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder, then adhered it to a plain Whisper White card base.
Masked & Sponged Maple Leaf—The focal point is created with a masking/sponging technique, with stamping over the top. First let's start with the masking on a 3-1/4" x 4-1/2" piece of Whisper White.
- Die-cut the maple leaf shape using the Leaflets Framelits from a piece of card stock the exact size of the layer the sponging is on: 3-1/4" x 4-1/2".
- Lay the mask over the focal point layer.
- Use a Sponge Dauber to add Pumpkin Pie ink in splotches over the leaf shape. Take care not to move the mask and sponge toward the center to keep from bending the edges of the shape.
- Add splotches of a second color: Old Olive.
- Sponge the lightest color, Delightful Dijon, over the entire shape to blend the colors together and define the edges of the shape.
Stamped Tree—I removed the mask, then stamped the tree silhouette from Sheltering Tree in Early Espresso ink over the top of the leaf shape.
Finishing Touches—The masked & stamped layer is adhered to a 3-3/8" x 4-5/8" piece of Gold Foil. Both layers are wrapped with the Old Olive Baker's Twine, then popped up with Dimensionals.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a Sheltering Tree greeting in Early Espresso along the bottom of the card.
Two Cool—I tried a cool and wintery color combination for the second card.
Cool Colors—This time, I sponged splotches of Island Indigo Bermuda Bay ink with a Pool Party blend, and stamped the tree in Archival Black Ink.
Finishing Touches—I matted the layer onto Silver Foil, wrapped with Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine and added the Sheltering Tree greeting in Archival Black Ink.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Sheltering Tree (photopolymer)
- Ink—Delightful Dijon, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive (card #1); Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Pool Party & Archival Black Ink (card #2)
- Paper—Gold Foil (card #1), Silver Foil (card #2), Whisper White
- Accessories—Old Olive Baker's Twine (card #1), Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine (card #2)
- Tools—Leaflets Framelits, Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!