►FREE SHIPPING—April 21 thru April 25!◄
- No minimum orders needed for FREE SHIPPING! Order as much or as little as you like!
- Order online for direct shipment to your door with FREE SHIPPING! Even my local customers can do this and save themselves a pick up trip!
- Please use Hostess Code S3VBE6XF when ordering at my Online Store.
My "Last Thursdays" class tonight is spotlighting several of the stamps and accessories that are soon-to-be retiring. I think that the stamp set that I'll miss the most is the Hostess set call Simply Sketched. I love the images and the sentiments SO, SO, SO much!
We're actually doing two cards using this set at class tonight, because I couldn't resist using it for two cool projects, one last time!
You can still get the Simply Sketched Hostess set when you place an Individual or workshop order of $150 to qualify for Hostess Benefits.
Hurry! All retiring Hostess Sets are while supplies last only!
We've got lots of retiring products on this project, starting with the Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple 2012-2014 In Colors. At this time nearly everything from that In Color line is already sold out. I think I saw a few colors of ink pads left and maybe some ribbon, but otherwise it is gone!
Gate-Fold Card Base—I used my Simply Scored Tool to create a fun gate-fold opening to this Raspberry Ripple card base. To create the gates, start with 5-1/2 x 8-1/2" card stock and score along the 8-1/2" edge at 2-1/8" and 6-3/8".
Gate Alignment TIP: Stampin' Up! card stock is usually just a hair larger than 8-1/2" x 11", so I've found that my gate-fold meets in the center better when I trim the card to exactly 8-1/2". Then, after scoring, I'll lay the gate edges flush against each other before using the Bone Folder to flatten the crease.
Gate Panels—I added a layer of 2" x 5-1/4" embossed Black card stock on each gate panel. TIP: I like the embossed pattern to line up when the gates were closed, so I embossed the panels side-by-side in the embossing folder. I used the retiring Houndstooth and Stripes patterns on my cards—gonna miss those classic patterns, too!
Oval Focal Point—The Raspberry Ripple and Very Vanilla ovals are die-cut with the Ovals Collection Framelits. When all the stamping was done, I adhered the left side to the left gate panel with about 6 Dimensionals
Paper-Pieced Blooms—I stamped the image in StazOn Black on the oval and again on scrap Very Vanilla. After coloring with Pear Pizzazz, Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple ink and Blender Pens, I hand-cut the flowers and popped them up with Dimensionals.
Sentiment—I used another retiring Hostess Set, Express Yourself, for the sentiment, stamped in Raspberry Ripple and die-cut with the Bitty Banners Framelits. A pretty Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon bow, attached with a Glue Dot, finishes the card.
I changed out the embossed texture, sentiment and bow placement on the second version.
Complete Supplies List (retiring):
- Stamps—Simply Sketched Hostess Set (wood), Express Yourself Hostess set (wood)
- Ink—StazOn Black; Blender Pen; Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink
- Paper—Raspberry Ripple, Basic Black and Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon
- Tools—Ovals Collection Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Houndstooth Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Stripes Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Simply Scored, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't Miss These!