- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends,
Each month, my Too Cool team has a card swap to help inspire our creativity, and we had some amazing projects at our April event! I wanted to highlight two of them today from Rita Berning & Kathe Madsen. They each used the gorgeous die-cuts from the Botanical Gardens Thinlits. Let's take a closer look...
Created by Rita Berning.
#1) World of Thanks Botanical Gardens Card
Rita Berning CASEd a project on page 15 of the 2015-2015 Annual Catalog and I love her take on it!
Background Basics—Rita started by stamping the World of Thanks background stamp onto a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Very Vanilla in Crumb Cake ink. What a fun background pattern! After rounding the corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, Rita popped up the entire layer on a Very Vanilla card base.
Sparkly Goodness—If you look closely, you can see that Rita colored in the "you" and the hearts with Wink of Stella clear shimmer! Nice touch!
Botanical Blooms—Rita die-cut the two flowers with the Botanical Gardens Thinlits from Crushed Curry and Rose Red card stock. Then, she added some fantastic details to the flowers by stamping on them in Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red inks with the coordinating Botanical Blooms stamp set.
The flower centers are die-cut from So Saffron, and for more depth, are sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink using a Sponge Dauber. Rita added a little more Wink of Stella clear to the centers, too.
The flowers are adhered to the card base with Glue Dots, on top of a foundation of Mossy Meadow leaves, also cut with the Botanical Gardens dies and attached with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
#1) World of Thanks Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Botanical Blooms (photopolymer) OR Botanical Blooms Bundle (photopolymer), World of Thanks (clear, wood)
- Ink—Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie & Rose Red Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Rose Red, So Saffron & Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Wink of Stella clear
- Tools—Botanical Gardens Thinlits OR Botanical Blooms Bundle (photopolymer), Project Life Corner Rounders, Sponge Daubers, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Created by Kathe Madsen.
#2) Textured Botanical Gardens Birthday Card
Kathe Madsen used the Botanical Gardens die-cuts to create a card with a totally different look!
Background Basics—Kathy started by stamping a Timeless Textures image in Bermuda Bay ink onto a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" Whisper White layer, creating a foundation for the flower. It's eventually layered onto a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Silver Foil, which really makes it pop, then mounted on a Bermuda Bay card base.
Sweet Sentiment—Before adhering the layers together, she stamped a birthday greeting from the Rose Wonder stamp set in Bermuda Bay ink. Love that stamp set for gorgeous greetings!
Textured Bloom—Kathe layered a Bermuda Bay Botanical Gardens flower die-cut with lots of fun textures! First she stamped the Timeless Texture flourish again in Bermuda Bay ink onto Whisper White, then die-cut the 5-petal flower center. On top of that, she layered an Itty Bitty Accents flower punched from Silver Foil on top, and highlighted it with a Rhinestone Jewel.
Sparkly Leaves—The textures don't end there! Kathe die-cut Botanical Gardens leaves from the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, and she added more Timeless Textures stamping to that! Love it! The leaves are adhered with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
#2) Textured Botanicals Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Botanical Blooms Bundle (photopolymer), Timeless Textures (clear, wood), Rose Wonder (photopolymer)
- Ink—Bermuda Bay Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Silver Foil Paper; Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper; Bermuda Bay & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Botanical Gardens Thinlits OR Botanical Blooms Bundle (photopolymer), retiring Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
All retiring stamps will be guaranteed available thru May 22, then they will be while supplies last. Everything else is available while supplies last only, beginning immediately! All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.