Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- CLASS: Dec Stamp-of-the-Month—Get Your Santa On. Register by Nov. 28.
- CLASS: Santa Buckle Stocking Stuffer Class—Earn a FREE Class Kit!
- Online Extravaganza—Now thru December 2!
- 25% Off Starter Kit—Now thru December 2!
- 2014 Holiday Supplement PDF—Browse items Online.
- 2014 Holiday Catalog PDF—Browse items Online.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
November 24 thru December 2, 2014! While supplies last!
Purchase A Starter Kit Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
It's Tuesday, which means it's time to check out the new Weekly Deals!
Save on the Petite Curly Label Punch, Argyle Embossing Folder, Rosette XL Die and much more, now thru December 1, 2014!
* * * * *
There are just a few more days to register for my Stamp-of-the-Month Class featuring Get Your Santa On. Register for the local class or a Class-To-Go Kit by Friday, November 28, 2014.
Today, I'll be sharing the details of another project from the this class. Let's go!
I CASEd the Holiday Catalog, on page 30, for this adorable card design. I liked the way the background was a little off-kilter. It somehow adds to the jolly-ness of Santa! Ho, ho, ho!
Background Basics—The "tilted" background piece started with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Crumb Cake, and I used my Stampin' Trimmer to trim off two sides of the piece. It's easy to accomplish...here's how:
- For the first cut, I kept the bottom right corner along the cutting groove and moved the top left corner to line up with the 3-1/2" mark. Cut!
- Then I turned the card stock 90° to the right, then lined up the left corner at the 4-3/4" mark. Cut!
All Flipped Out—When I embossed my tilted shape with the Lucky Stars folder, I embossed the wrong side, but I just went with it. So this shape is actually flipped side-to-side. It's adhered to the card base with SNAIL.
More Tilted Backgrounds—I selected a Cherry Cobbler pattern from the Trim The Tree DSP Stack and cut it to 2-1/2" x 3-3/4" for the foundation. I used the Project Life Corner Rounder on the top corners. It's adhered to the front with SNAIL.
Santa Focal Point—I stamped the Get Your Santa On image in Memento Ink onto a 2-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White, leaving some room at the top for some All Is Calm Washi Tape. The corners are rounded on this piece, too.
Santa is colored in with Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray and Blushing Bride Inks with a Blender Pen. After I popped up the layer with Dimensionals, I added some Dazzling Details sparkle to Santa's suit trim.
I finished off the top with a Nordic Designer Button tied with Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine and adhered with a Glue Dot.
Sweet Sentiment—The greeting from Get Your Santa On was stamped on a 3/8" wide strip of Whisper White, then trimmed to size and popped up.
The Inside—I finished the sentiment phrase inside, and added a cute, colored hat, as well.
My second card is askew in a slightly different way.
I embossed the Lucky Stars on the "correct" side on this one, so you can see how the shape was supposed to be on the first card. I picked a different Trim The Tree paper, and made the Santa layer tilt instead of the DSP layer.
I like it both ways! What do you think about the tilting card elements? Are you open to tilting, or do you like to keep things straight and symetrical (like I usually do!)?
Complete Stamping Supplies
- Stamps—Get Your Santa On photopolymer
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Blushing Bride Classic Ink
- Paper—Trim The Tree DSP Stack; Crumb Cake & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—All Is Calm Washi Tape; Nordic Designer Buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Dazzling Details
- Tools—Lucky Stars Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Stampin' Trimmer, Project Life Corner Rounder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thank you so much for ordering from Too Cool Stamping!
Hope you can join me at my Get Your Santa On Class!
Get Your Santa On Stamp-of-the-Month Class
Thursday, December 11, 6:30 pm
Create 7 jolly projects featuring Santa and his festive attire! Class kit includes the Get Your Santa On stamp set, Trim The Tree DSP, a Blender Pen, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine & Dazzling Details glitter.
See Complete Details For The Get Your Santa On Class!
Register by November 28 at 5pm.