I couldn't wait to use the beautiful little pansies that I made, so I thought they'd look awesome on a little Scallop Circle Purse that I've been wanting to make. You can see how I made the pansies out of the Butterfly Punch and Re-Inkers in my previous post.
I got the idea from fellow demonstrator Becky Roberts' Inking In Idaho blog. This is a photo of her project, decorated with a Scallop Circle scrunched paper flower, Sweet Pea Felt and covered with a cool faux alligator technique (she provides the how-tos for the technique on her blog).
She called the purse a gift bag, and it would be fantastic as a mini gift bag for small items or a gift certificate. I wanted to use more of my pansies, so I decided to fill the purse with matching mini cards that the recipient could send out later, or attach to gifts (or give when she re-gifted the purse—but who would want to do that, right?!)
This is what I came up with—isn't it a darling little set!? I can't wait to share it with my Stamp Club in May! I especially love how the So Saffron and More Mustard colors really showcase the Elegant Eggplant pansies!
And, do you like the new embossed texture I used? It's a sneak peak of the new Square Lattice Textured Impressions Folder coming up in the Summer Mini beginning May 1! Check out the close-ups, so you can really see the details.Scallop Circle Purse How-To
- You start by making the base of the purse with the Box #2 Bigz XL Die. Cut off the flaps on the top of the box, fold on the score lines, then adhere it together with Sticky Strip.
- Use the Scallop Circle Bigz Die to create your two side pieces. You can either place your card stock on the die so that you don't cut the full circle, or you can trim off the bottom later (so you have a flat edge for the bottom of your purse).
- Hold your two side pieces together, then punch a Large Scallop Oval out of both for the handle. TIP: It's important to do this before adding the texture, or you'll have trouble getting both pieces in the punch at one time.
- Run each side through the Big Shot again with your choice of Textured Impressions Folders.
- Use Sticky Strip to attach the sides to the box.
- Decorate the box!
The cards are 3x3", so they do not fit perfectly in the box (that's why I added the tissue paper!). The cards do fit perfectly inside the Mini Whisper White Envelopes. I stamped these with images from the Simple Friendship and Wings of Friendship Hostess sets and colored the flower with Watercolor Crayons and a Blender Pen.
I really want to try out the rest of my pansies soon, but before that, I want to show you some of the Too Cool cards I created for my nieces' birthdays (it's a triple birthday party!). Unfortunately, I didn't make two cards this time (one to keep, one to share), but I did take pictures and I can't wait to show them to you, beginning tomorrow...