Tonight is Stamp Club night—my favorite stamping event of the month! And, I'm very excited about our project, because not only does it combine (one of) my favorite color combinations with (one of) my new, favorite, Sale-A-Bration sets, it also includes chocolate! How can you go wrong?!
We're making a Matchbox Nugget Holder Box and matching 3x3" card! Here are a Two Cool versions I created for samples. Aren't they bea-u-ti-ful?! (Be sure to click to enlarge the photos to see the details close up!)
The awesome Matchbox XL Die makes these little projects a "baja" breeze to put together! Here are the instructions for the basic box:
- Die-cut three Matchbox box bottoms only (you won't use the covers). TIP: I always use the Extended Crease Pad, and the plastic shim that comes with it, to achieve the best scoring lines.
- Before assembling, use the Paper Piercer to punch a hole in the front panel of each box and attach a Silver Brad (the backs of the brad are concealed this way). Then, assemble the boxes folding in the long sides first, then the corners and short sides.
- Cut a 6-1/2" x 7-3/8" piece of cardstock for the base. Along the 7-3/8" side, score the card stock at 3-1/4" and 4-1/8". TIP: If you want to stamp on the base, be sure to do it before you add the matchboxes!
- Punch a Scallop Edge Border along both of the 6-1/2" sides.
- Attach the three matchboxes to the base piece with Sticky Strip. I applied Sticky Strip to the bottoms of the boxes and aligned them on the base while it was lying on a flat surface (<<<that's important if you don't want a warped box!). Once they are in place, I added one long Sticky Strip along the back of the boxes to adhere the "spine" of the box and give it some support.
- Finish decorating the top of box as desired and wrap each Hershey's Nugget with a strip of 1x3" Designer Series Paper. TIP: I recommend making sleeves for your Nuggets; adhere the paper to itself, not the candy. That way you can easily slip off the cover to see what flavor it is (and you can also re-use them!).
Nugget Holder Decorating Details
- Box Base: I used the Décor Stampin' Around Wheel with Soft Suede ink on the border before punching. I wouldn't recommend using the Scallop Trim Border Punch, because I think that the scallops won't hold up as well with continued handling of the box.
- Background Layers: I used the Bliss Sale-A-Bration stamp set, along with the Elegant Soireé Designer Series Paper for a soft, vintage look. I randomly stamped the large floral design in either Not Quite Navy (box #1) or Soft Suede (box #2) on a 6-1/2 x 2-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla card stock, then added torn and sponged pieces of Newsprint Designer Series Paper. You could also use First Edition DSP. I layered that on a 6-1/2 x 2-1/2" piece of Not Quite Navy card stock. One 6-1/2 x 1/2" strip of striped Elegant Soireé DSP is along the bottom.
- Ribbon: Both Baja Breeze Seam Binding ribbons are applied with one strip of Sticky Strip. For box #1, I just scrunched the binding as I applied it to the tape. The Scrunchy Pulled Ribbon technique was used for the gathered binding on box #2.
- Pearls: I love the look of Basic Pearls in the center of the butterflies! Perfect!
The matching note cards were designed to mimic the same design on the box. You know I'm all about coordination! Don't forget to stamp a matching envelope, too!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Bliss SAB, Décor Wheel
- Ink—Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze Classic Ink
- Paper—Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, and Not Quite Navy card stock, Elegant Soireé DSP, Newsprint DSP (or First Edition)
- Accessories—Silver Brads, Basic Pearls, Baja Breeze Seam Binding
- Tools—Matchbox XL Die with Extended Crease Pad, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Bone Folder (a must for creasing the box!), Scallop Edge Border Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Big Shot, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Dimensionals.
Earn A FREE Bliss Stamp Set!
One more reason why I LOVE this project...you can earn this fabulous Bliss stamp set for FREE with a $50 purchase with the Sale-A-Bration promotion! For example, you could order the three must-haves for this project—Matchbox Die, Silver Brads and Sticky Strip—and you would get the Bliss set FREE!
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50 —For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $300 and earn fone FREE Sale-A-Bration item of your choice, in addition to the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive 15% off your Starter Kit! Plus, get a bonus product bundle filled with more than $50 in FREE products! The Bonus Bundle includes a Color Coach, any Simply Sent Kit, any Simply Sent stamp, and any $16.95 punch! Learn about all the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, then sign up today!