You may have seen some projects on the internet using the Build A Blossom stamps and Blossom Petals Punch, but I wanted to try something a little different...how about some vellum flowers!
How do you like this translucent, Perfect Plum flower?! The large size of these blossoms are really quite eye-catching on cards—can you imagine how they would look on a scrapbook page?! (And, look! This card matches my blog!)
Card Details: The vellum has been stamped with the Build A Blossoms petals in Perfect Plum Classic Ink. The petals were Clear Embossed with the Heat Tool, then punched with the Blossoms Petals Punch. I gave the blooms some shapely dimension by curling them under with the edge of a Bone Folder.
Adhere all of the petals to a 1" punched circle (big enough to hold the petals, small enough not to show through) with Sticky Strip or Glue Dots. The top center circle is a 3/4" punch-out from the Regals Designer Pattern Paper Stack. I poked a hole in it with the Piercing Tool and finished it off with a Rhinestone Brad (these just don't get the love anymore, since the Basic Rhinestones were introduced last year).
Card #1 Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Build A Blossom, Bliss SAB (background), Afterthoughts Hostess
- Ink—Perfect Plum, Pear Pizzazz (background), Elegant Eggplant marker (sentiment)
- Paper—Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron card stock, Vellum card stock, Regals Designer Patterns Paper Pack.
- Accessories—Rhinestone Fire Circles Brads, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Brights Buttons, Clear Embossing Powder
- Tools—Blossom Petals Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Bone Folder, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots.
Here's another version (two cool!) that I did with Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, and Tempting Turquoise. Same basic design with a different Charming pattern on the background, a different Occasional Quotes sentiment and a different look for the ribbon. This time I twisted the Pear Seam Binding and tied it in a double-knot for a mini faux bow.
Card #2 Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Build A Blossom, Charming (background), Occasional Quotes Hostess
- Ink—Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz (background), Tempting Turquoise (sentiment)
- Paper—Whisper White, Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise card stock, Vellum card stock, In-Color Hostess Designer Paper Pack.
- Accessories—Rhinestone Ice Circles Brads, Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding, Brights Buttons, Clear Embossing Powder
- Tools—Blossom Petals Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Designer Label Punch, Heat Tool, Paper Piercer, Bone Folder, SNAIL, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots.
Want to create some pretty Embossed Vellum Build A Blossoms of your own?! Order online today!
Thanks for looking!
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50 —For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $300 and earn fone FREE Sale-A-Bration item of your choice, in addition to the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive 15% off your Starter Kit! Plus, get a bonus product bundle filled with more than $50 in FREE products! The Bonus Bundle includes a Color Coach, any Simply Sent Kit, any Simply Sent stamp, and any $16.95 punch! Learn about all the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, then sign up today!