Can I just say how much I LOVE MY TOO COOL DEMO TEAM! I do!
My group totally inspires and motivates me! We had a fantastic meeting last night, sharing lots of projects, workshop and class ideas, and creating some cute make & takes! And, Darla, Linda and Carmen were nice enough to agree to present some projects, since my wrists were keeping me from having much to share. Thank you so much ladies!
Linda Cox led us in a make & take for a super cute Petal Cone Bat Hanging Treat Box...
Isn't he adorable?! He's made with three Petal Cone die-cuts and filled with a bag of candy corn. Love it!
Petal Cone Bat Instructions
- Cut three Petal Cones with the Petal Cone Die and the Big Shot.
- Cut off the round flaps on all three die-cuts.
- On two of the Petal Cone die-cuts, use the 2-1/2” Circle Punch to cut out a notch along the short top side to create shape of the bat’s head. This will be the side without the tab.
- Use Sticky Strip to adhere the two cone pieces together at the flaps.
- For the remaining Petal Cone die-cut, cut it apart into two triangles for the bat’s wings.
- Use Spider Web Impressions Folder to emboss both wings.
- Placing the embossed pieces back-to-back, use the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to punch three notches along one edge of the wing (use the project photo for a visual).
- Score 1/2" from the short end on each triangle, then attach to the sides of the cone with Sticky Strip.
- Punch two 1/2" Circles from Whisper White and adhere for eyes.
- Punch 1/8" holes in the eyes to attach Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads.
- Use the 2-1/2" Circle Punch to double punch a curved mouth.
- Punch two small triangles from the Petite Pennant Builder Punch to adhere as fangs.
- Use the crop-a-dile to punch holes behind each wing, then tie a ribbon through the holes.
Now you're ready to fill the cone up with candy (we added candy corn to a small cello bag)!
Complete Supply List
- Paper—Basic Black, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Circle Fire Rhinestone Jewels, 1/4" Black Grosgrain Ribbon
- Tools—Petal Cone Die, Spider Web Impressions Folder, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Petite Pennants Punch, Crop-A-Dile, Big Shot, Sticky Strip, SNAIL
Order all of the supplies to create this project at my Online Store!
Thanks again to Linda for showing us how to create this cute project!
* * * * *
You Can Have A FREE Big Shot!
The Petal Cone Bat is just one more of the gazillion fun projects you can do with the Big Shot. How about getting a Big Shot for FREE (with no shipping)! You can with this month's Big Shot Promotion!
Buy the Starter Kit this month, and you'll get a FREE Big Shot, or $100 in FREE product! You only have until October 30th, so ACT NOW! The Kit contents are already at 40% off retail, plus you'll be able to enjoy at least a 20% discount on your orders for at least 6 months! You could even use the opportunity to start your very own crafting business for super cheap!
Contact me today for more details.