I had to make this adorable Santa Cello Topper as soon as I saw it posted on Patty Bennett's blog.
His cute little face makes me happy, happy, happy! He reminds me of the claymation Santa from "A Year Without A Santa Claus!" Wouldn't he bring a smile to the faces of your friends, co-workers, or students?! Oh yeah!
- 1 Cherry Cobbler Extra-Large Oval—hat
- 2 Garden Green Blossom Punch small leaves—trim down for holly leaves
- 1 Silver Glimmer Paper Extra-Large Oval—hat trim (or use Whisper White and add Dazzling Diamonds or Dazzling Details)
- 1 Blushing Bride Large Oval—face
- 1 Whisper White Ornament Punch—beard
- 2 1/4" Basic Black Circle Punches*—eyes
- 1 1/4" Cherry Cobbler Circl Punch*—mouth
- 2 Bird Punch wings—moustache
- 1 1/4" Blushing Bride Circle Punch*—nose
* 1/4" Circle Punch is retired, but you can use the 3/8" Circle punch from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack
TIP: Use Sticky Strip to attach the face to the Glimmer Paper hat trim; SNAIL won't hold.
TIP: Use a rolled up Glue Dot to attach the Mini Jingle Bell.
I love the look of red licorice for this treat (it matches the Cherry Cobber!). It's a little sticky, so it's not the easiest thing to get inside the cello bag. Patty's blog had an excellent TIP: fold a piece of cardstock small enough to slip inside the 1x8 cello, then load your licorice inside the folded cardstock. Slip them both into the bag, then pull the cardstock out!
The tag is stamped with a sentiment from Tags Til Christmas in Garden Green on Whisper White, then punched with the 1-1/4" Square Punch and layered on a Cherry Cobbler Scallop Square Punch. Use a 1/16" Hole Punch to add Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine to tie it onto your Cello Bag.
This is going to be a Stamp Club project at tomorrow's event! Want to learn more about my monthly Stamp Club, email me!
Complete Supply List
- Stamps—Tags Til Christmas
- Ink—Garden Green Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Silver Glimmer Paper, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Blushing Bride, Basic Black, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Mini Jingle Bells, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, 1x8" Cellophane Bags
- Tools—Extra-Large Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Bird Punch, Ornament Punch, 1/4" Circle Punch (retired) use Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Scallop Square Punch, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1/16" Hole Punch, Petals-A-Plenty Impressions Folder, Elegant Lines Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, SNAIL
Order all of the supplies to create this project at my Online Store!
Too Cool Moment: Has anyone been watching Oprah's Lifeclass? I think it's an amazing show! I had an Aha moment (or a bing, bing, bing moment, as Oprah says) while watching last night's class on You Become What You Believe.
It's about purpose. I'm always trying to "find my purpose," but last night they said that purpose is really "the thread that connects the experiences of your life." Essentially, we are all already living our life purposes through our current experiences, whether we know it or not. There's a pattern forming, and that is what we'll look back on and realize was our purpose all along. Our purpose finds us through our everyday lives. "What you're doing is now is no small thing!"
What an interesting way to think about it! What's pattern (purpose) is forming in your life?