I saw the most awesome card the other day, and I had to make some myself!
EEEEEeeeee! It uses the Oval Scallop Frame Die. One side has the scallop frame, and the other has the inside oval, and they intertwine to close! Brilliant!
I CASEd these cards from Dawn Griffith, who has a fabulous video tutorial: Scallop Oval Gate Fold Card.
Scallop Oval Gate Fold How-Tos
- 4-1/4"x 11" card stock, scored along the 11" side at 2-3/4" mark and 8-1/4" mark.
- Cover each gate panel with 2-1/2" x 4" pieces of DSP
- Run two pieces of card stock through Scallop Oval Frame Die; one for frame, one for center oval.
- Line up scallop frame die-cut on front, then hold frame in place as you open one gate.
- Add SNAIL to the other side and fold the rest of the card onto the adhesive side.
- Position the center oval on the front, then hold the oval in place on the frame that's adhered, open that gate.
- Add SNAIL to the other side of the oval, then close the card onto that adhesive-up side.
TIP: The Oval Scallop Frame Die is not perfectly symmetrical, it's a bit narrower on one end, kind of like an egg. Keep this in mind as you adhere your frame, and as you stamp on your oval, making sure both are positioned on the side you intended. If you use a DSP pattern (or stamp randomly on the background), and if you don't care which side the frame opens up, it won't be an issue because you can always turn it upside-down.
Card Details: I stamped the 2-step oak leaf stamps from the Gently Falling set on the oval and on scrap paper. I stamped the line image first in Early Espresso, then filled it in with the bold stamp in More Mustard. After cutting out the scrap one, I sponged the leaf in Cajun Craze.
The oval edges are sponged in Soft Suede. And, the sentiment from Perfectly Penned is also in Soft Suede. Pearl Jewels and four spritzes of Shimmer Mist spray to finish it off! Click on the image to see all the shimmer!
I enjoyed making these so much, I went a little crazy!
Gosh, I'm gonna miss using this beautiful Spice Cake Paper when it's gone after the holidays! One of my favorites this year, for sure!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Gently Falling, Perfectly Penned
- Ink—Soft Suede, Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze Classic Ink
- Paper—Spice Cake Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Champagne Shimmer Mist (rubbing alcohol mixture), Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Oval Scallop Frame Die, Big Shot, spray bottle, Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can purchase all the supplies to create this card at my Stampin' Up! Online Store!
* * * * *
#4 Card to be revealed on Monday, November 28!
FREE Holiday Stamp-A-Stack Class!
What?! Yes, it's true! I'm looking for MORE stampers to stamp with me at my premiere Holiday Stamp-A-Stack event on November 30. So, I'm pulling out all the stops!
I'm giving away a FREE Stamp-A-Stack class to the first 12 people who place a $35 order with me starting today and before end-of-day November 28.
Regular Class Price: $30, or only $15 with your $25 order!
First 12 Stampers Starting Today: FREE class, with your $35 order!
Create 12 beautiful holiday cards & envelopes (3 each of 4 designs), plus receive $35 in stamping supplies, for only the cost of the supplies! It's an amazing value! See complete class details here.
Contact me to sign up before end-of-day November 28 to reserve your space and place your order.
Fine Print: Open to the first 12 people (first come, first served). Local Fort Wayne area residents only. One FREE class per person. $35 merchandise order does not include shipping and tax. Online orders qualify, but this offer cannot be combined with my Online Extravaganza Bonus Gift offer, or any other current Too Cool Stamping offers. Club and workshop orders do not qualify.
Can't wait to stamp a stack with you all next Wednesday night!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!