Today's project was another card from my Occasions Mini Kick Off Party, this time featuring the Take It To Heart stamp set and Hearts Framelits—just in time for Valentine's Day projects!
CASEd from Julie Davison at Julie's Stamping Spot.
These Two Cool cards really pack a punch when it comes to showing off new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
- The bottom edge of the card is embossed with the polka dot hearts from the Adorning Accents Embossing Folders.
- The side is lined with a beautiful floral design from the new Twitterpated DSP.
- I accented the DSP with Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon & Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon.
- The stamp is from the new Take It To Heart stamp set.
- The stamped heart and the heart-shaped window are both cut with the new Hearts Framelits Dies.
- The mini embossed hearts were die-cut with the new Fashionable Hearts Embosslit.
The only things that aren't new are the Tiny Tags sentiment, punched with the Jewelry Tag Punch, and the Rhinestone Jewels accents.
I love how the Hearts Framelits coordinate with the Take It To Heart set, but think of all the different kinds of stamps and papers and embossing folders you could use with these dies! I can imagine SO many ideas for Valentine's Day projects! I've only just begun to explore all the possibilities! Fun, fun stuff!
Framelits Tips: These thin dies require your Multipurpose Platform to be closed to Tab 2. You'll lay your card stock down on a Standard Cutting Pad, then position your die with the cutting-side down (that's the side that has the raised edge on it).
TIP #1: The die may move a bit when positioning the Standard Cutting Pad on top of it, but you can simply add a little Dotto repositionable adhesive to the flat edge of the die to keep it in place, if this is a problem.
TIP #2: I quickly found that it sure helps to have newer Standard Cutting Plates when trying to position the die over a stamp. When you have old, very cut up Plates like I do, and you can hardly see through them, it's nearly impossible to position them correctly. You may want to dedicate at least one Plate to "no cuts" so you can have a clear view every time.
Want to see the Heart Framelits in action? Check out this introductory tutorial by Stampin' Up! product trainer, Donna Griffith...
I can't wait to show you more fun ideas using these Framelits! Love, love, love them!
- Stamps—Take It To Heart, Tiny Tags
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
- Paper—Twitterpated DSP, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Riding Hood Red Pleated Satin Ribbon (card #1), Blushing Bride Pleated Satin Ribbon (card #2), Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Hearts Framelits Dies, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders (all versions shown at right), Fashionable Hearts Embosslit, Jewelry Tag Punch, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!