I'm back from Leadership in San Antonio! Wow! What an amazing event again this year!
I've returned energized and inspired from seeing lots of fun new project ideas, experiencing fabulous classes, meeting lots of other demonstrators, and hearing some exciting new announcements from Stampin' Up!
Let's jump right in and get a sneak peek of some of the changes coming soon...
New Simply Scored Diagonal Plate!
I was doing the Happy Dance when I heard that Stampin' Up! will be introducing a new Diagonal Plate to fit on the Simply Scored Tool! (The Stampin' Up! crew was doing the Happy Dance, too! You may have seen video posted on the Stampin' Up! facebook page.)
The Diagonal Plate is a full 12x12" plate that fits right on top of the Simply Scored tool. Like the original, the grooves are placed 1/8" apart and continue edge-to-edge. The back of the plate has two large silcone rubber pads that keep it from sliding, and once it's in position on the Simply Scored Tool, it lines up with the rulers perfectly, so you can use the marker pins.
Donna Griffith showed us how to make several projects with diagonal scoring, like the diagonal textured ice background on the ice cream card above. Or the cute origami, no-glue nesting boxes shown above. Plus, you can make quick & easy coordinating envelopes and much more! I'll be sharing those projects with you once we can purchase it.
The Simply Scored Diagonal Plate will be available for purchase on March 1!
New Annual & Seasonal Catalogs!
After gathering a lot of feedback from demonstrators and customers, Stampin' Up! decided to totally revise their catalogs to make them easier for demonstrators to distribute to you, and to provide customers with a larger window of opportunity to buy seasonal merchandise.
I'll be giving you more details as we get closer to the transition, but here are a few things you should know right away:
- Our current Idea Book & Catalog will now be ending on May 31, 2012, one month earlier than usual. The new annual Catalog will be introduced on June 1, 2012!
- There will be no Summer Mini Catalog. The next seasonal catalog will be the Holiday Catalog, and it will be introduced on August 1, 2012.
- The complete Décor Elements & Simply Adorned Jewelry lines will be retiring at the end of this catalog. Stampin' Up! will be focusing on what they do best—papercrafting!
So, what does that mean for you?
- The retired list will be coming out earlier, so you'll have less time between now and then to purchase your favorite stamps and accessories before they are gone.
- The new, slightly smaller annual Catalog will be available for FREE to more stampers, not just hostesses and Club members.
- This is your last chance to purchase Décor Elements and Simply Adorned items. They haven't told us the details, but I would imagine that these items will only be available while supplies last.
- The new, slightly larger Spring and Holiday Catalogs will have more pages and more fresh & seasonal stamps and accessories than ever before, and you'll have 5 months to stretch out your purchases of these items. The Holiday Mini will be released earlier, giving you plenty of time to shop and create holiday craft projects and gifts.
I'll post more about these changes in the coming weeks!
If you're curious about the My Digital Studio digital papercrafting software, you'll love this announcement!
Beginning February 1, 2012, Stampin' Up! will be offering a My Digital Studio 30-Day Trial! Try it out, see if you like it, and if you don't, it costs you nothing!
But, I'm sure that when you discover all of the fabulous projects you can create with this amazing software, like the handy recipe book shown here, you won't want to be without it!
More details on how you can sign up for the FREE Trial coming soon!
Stampin' Up! Regional In Columbus, OH!
Hey local stampers! This is your chance to experience the magic, creativity, and fun of attending an awesome Stampin' Up! event! Stampin' Up! will be having a full-day Regional Conference in Columbus, OH, on Saturday, February 25.
When you become a demonstrator, you'll be automatically eligible to attend this fabulous event filled with presentations, make & takes, displays, stamping friends and swapping! Occasionally, when there are some extra spaces, Stampin' Up! will allow demonstrators to invite guests to regional events, but space for guests is not guaranteed.
Don't take a chance that you'll miss it! Become a demonstrator today and join me and my Too Cool Demo Team at Regionals!
Other Spring Regionals include: Phoenix on February 11, and Milwaukee on March 10. If you're close to either of those, you'll definitely want to attend!
* * * * *
What do you think about these announcements? Are you as excited as I am?! Do you have any questions or concerns? If so, email me or leave a comment below.
I'll be sharing more about Leadership projects, freebies, swaps and adventures in Extreme Home Makeovers this week, so stay tuned!