There is still time to sign up for tomorrow's Last Thursday Monthly Card Class—you have until 5pm today to reserve your space! Check out another card from our class...
CASEd from Vicki Burdick at It's A Stamp Thing
Layered on a background of Everyday Enchantment Sale-A-Bration Designer Paper, the pretty flowers from the Bordering On Romance create a lovely focal point on these Two Cool cards!
The flower image is perfect for watercoloring with Blender Pens and Ink Pads! The flowers are a great size for nice shading effects. Stamp the image first in StazOn Black ink for a permanent, non-smearing outline, then choose your watercoloring method.
I like watercoloring with Classic Ink Pads and Blender Pens. Before opening the ink pad, I squeeze them to transfer ink onto the lid. This becomes my palette and I can pick up the color with my Blender Pen. If not much ink gets on the lid, I scribble onto the lid with a marker of the same color.
Start with lighter colors first, then blend a second layer of the same color for subtle shading. My leaves and small blue flowers are shaded this way.
For more dramatic shading, start with the light color, then blend in a darker color. I started with Peach Parfait for the flowers, then added Calypso Coral to the centers.
The surface of card stock will not hold up to much blending before it starts to "pill," so limit your layers. If you look closely (click to enlarge), you can see that I had quite a bit of pilling on my flowers because I overdid it!
Using Watercolor Paper and Aqua Painters with ink would allow you complete blendability, with less possibility of pilling, and provide a truer watercolor effect. You could also try Watercolor Pencils or Watercolor Wonder Crayons with Blender Pens for more watercoloring options!
I used an orange Sharpie on the Pearl Jewels of the first card and it goes great with the Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon. Color the pearls while they are still on the paper from the package, so you can get complete coverage without marking on or smearing the color onto your project. What a quick and easy way to give your project a whole different look!
Other Card Details:The medallion is created with the Scallop Circle #2 and 3" Circle dies.
The flowers are stamped twice; once on the cirle and once on scrap. I watercolored the scrap piece, then cut out the flowers with Paper Snips, and popped them up with Dimensionals. I love this style of paper piecing! I added some Dazzling Diamonds to the centers (card #1) for even more punch!
The Chantilly Crochet Trim Ribbon on card #2 is two pieces; one wrapped around, and one tied in a bow and attached with a Glue Dot.
* * * * *
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Bordering On Romance, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink—Blender Pens, Black StazOn Ink, Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral (card #1), Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Basic Black Classic Ink
Paper—Everyday Enchantment (SAB selection) Pool Party, Peach Parfait, Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon (card #1), Chantilly Crochet Trim Ribbon (card #2), Dazzling Diamonds (card #1), orange Sharpie (card #1)
- Tools—Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2 Die, 3" Circle Die, Paper Snips, 2-way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
See all Sale-A-Bration (SAB) selections in the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF.
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!