Carmen DeBruce shared a pretty little watercolored card at our Demo Team Meeting in February that I thought was adorable!
I love the beautiful watercoloring, Carmen! I also love the unique size—the card is 2-7/8" x 4-1/4". Kind of a mini, long and skinny card! I was going to feature it on last week's Sunday Showcase, but since it was a little different, I asked Carmen to send me some instructions on how the card and envelope were made. Here is what she sent to me...
Carmen's Watercolored Card Instructions
I cut Watercolor Paper at 8-1/2" x 2-7/8", then scored at 4-1/4". I cut a piece of coordinating card stock at 1" x 2-7/8", then embossed that with the new hearts pattern from the Adorning Accents Impressions Folders, and adhered to inside of card.
I cut front of card with the scalloped Adorning Accents Edgelit, then embossed with matching Adorning Accents Impressions Folders scallop pattern. The Bordering On Romance flower was stamped in Black StazOn onto front, then I used an Aqua Painter and ink from inside the Classic Ink Pad lids to paint and shade.
I used the Easist Envelope Ever tutorial by Mary Fish. Here are the steps:
- You add 1-1/8" to width measurement of card and 5-1/8" to length of card.
- Score 1/2" on each long side (with short side at top of rail on Simply Scored tool).
- Turn and with long side at the top, score at 2".
- Turn around and score at 3" on the other end.
- Cut out the 4 corners and assemble.
My measurements were: Cut card stock at 4" x 9-3/8". With 4" side at top, score at 1/2" on both sides. With 9-3/8" at top, score at 2", turn around to other end and score at 3". Cut out four corners.
I also embossed the 2" side with the Adorning Accents Impressions Folders hearts pattern before assembling the envelope.
* * * * *
Thanks so much for sharing your cute card and envelope, Carmen! I appreciate all the detailed instructions for creating it!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!