Now that I have the awesome new Diagonal Plate for my Simply Scored Tool, I just had to create some of my very own envelopes! How funny is it that I made my envelopes first, then designed some 3x3" note cards to match?! That's a little backward, but what the hey!
I made Two Cool mini envelopes (for 3x3" note cards) from the Sweet Shop Specialty Designer Series Paper. This is when the double-sided designer papers are really fabulous, because both sides look great together! It was hard to choose which side to put on the outside, so I did both!
The Sweet Shop DSP is extra fabulous, by the way! Not only are the colors bright & cheery, and the patterns small and perfect for cards, two of the sheets have pretty embossed designs to make this paper extra special!
3x3" Mini Note Card Envelopes How-Tos
It's SO easy to make your own envelopes with the Diagonal Plate! To learn how, visit my previous post to watch the quick Diagonal Plate introduction video from Stampin' Up!
I love that the instructions that come with the Diagonal Plate have a quick reference list of scoring measurements for envelopes to fit 3x3", 4-1/4 x 5-1/2", or 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" card sizes. I'm going to mount my reference sheet to the underside of my Plate so it's close by while I'm working.
It only takes 5 easy steps to make a Mini Envelope:
- Cut a 5" x 5" square of designer paper
- Place on the Diagonal Plate, score at the 2-1/4" marks along both the top and side rulers
- Turn the paper 90°, then score again at the 2-1/4" marks on top and side rulers
- Snip out the four small triangular notches where the score lines intersect
- Fold and adhere
OK—now that I have my envelopes, it's time to fill them!
I chose the Packed For Birthday single stamp to create my Two Cool 3x3" Notes. Since the envelope paper had candy on it, I thought what better image to use than the piñata!
I got some ideas from my Sunday Showcase: Packed For Everything post, then went to work.
I love the single piñata dangling from the Calypso Coral Baker's Twine in Card #1. I stamped with Basic Black Classic Ink, then colored in with a Blender Pen and Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade Classic Ink. After cutting out the piñata, I added a little Dazzling Diamonds to make it more festive! The sentiment is from Party This Way, which is one of the FREE Sale-A-Bration selections when you order $50.
Card #2 is stamped with the entire image in Basic Black, then I added colored and cut out three parts of the image for accents. All three have a little Dazzling Diamonds sparkle, and are popped up with Dimensionals.
The sentiment is from You're A Gem, and it's on a Mini Decorative Label punch-out. I felt the sentiment was getting lost, so I added some color with a Calypso Coral Decorative Label punch peeking out from behind.
Although you can't mail this size of card, and the post office wouldn't like our colorful designer paper envelope anyway, this makes a terrific gift tag for birthday presents!
Find all the supplies to create these envelopes and cards at my Online Store!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Packed For Everything bundle, or Packed For Birthday individual stamp, Party This Way (card #1), You're A Gem (card #2)
Ink—Blender Pen; Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Basic Black Classic Ink
Paper—Sweet Shop DSP, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral (card #2), Whisper White, card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, Paper Snips, Decorative Label Punch (card #2), 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, SNAIL
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!