I've been experienceing some "technical difficulties" with my Typepad blogging website, so I haven't been able to post as much this week. The site keeps locking up while I'm posting, and not saving or publishing. I had to take a step back when I lost a completed post after spending nearly two hours on it. I'm no computer geek, so it's an understatement to say it's been very frustrating. I'm still in the process of getting the issue resolved, but I'm hopeful that a solution will be found sometime before I lose my flippin' mind!
Just wanted you to know that I'm still here...albeit I may be smacking my forehead with a smooth stone very shortly!
* * * * *
Now, onto some stamping fun...boy, oh boy, can I use some about now!
CASEd from Dawn Olchefske at DOStamping with Dawn.
Take a look at these awesome, two cool Double Pocket Pouch projects! So easy, and simply adorable!
They are made with retiring Beau Chateaux designer paper, and feature a pouch on each side. This paper is available while supplies last until May 31st...plus, it's also on sale for 25% off! (Update: Things are selling out quickly now that we're getting down to the wire...don't delay...order today!) Try this fun project with any of the Stampin' Up! Designer Series Papers!
The top of the pouch is punched with the Small Oval Punch, then tied with the retiring Marina Mist Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
The back side is exactly the same (shown above left), and the pouch pockets can hold all kinds of fun items! It's the perfect size for a Ghiradelli chocolate square (above right), or even a gift card!
Double Pocket Pouch How-Tos
Dawn Olchefske has a terrific Double Pocket Pouch video tutorial for her project, but I've listed the basic steps below. The best part is that there's no glue necessary!
- Start with an 8x8" square piece of designer paper.
- Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score at the "zero" mark, corner to corner.
- Without moving the paper, score diagonally again at the 3/4" mark along the top, and the 3/4" mark along the side, giving you three parallel, diagonal score lines.
- Turn your paper 90°, then score diagonally at the 2-3/4" mark along the top, and the 2-3/4" mark along the side.
- Fold along the 2-3/4" marks, so the points of the paper you want showing overlap.
- Fold the pockets in half along that first score line, pocket-to-pocket.
- Fold the pockets back along the 3/4" scores, so it becomes a "W" fold with the pockets facing outward.
- Holding the top points together, punch a hole at the top with the Small Oval Punch and tie closed with ribbon.
- Decorate your pouches!
I decorated mine with a simple circle "for you" medallion. The sentiment is from Elements of Style, stamped in Soft Suede onto Whisper White, then punched with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch. I layered that on a 1-3/8" Circle Punch of Blushing Bride, then a Scallop Circle Punch of Marina Mist. If you look closely, you'll see three small Pearl Jewel accents on the medallion, too.
These pouches are also perfect for holding 3x3" Mini Note Cards! So, I created some matching ones using the same Beau Chateau Designer paper. And, look! That paper coordinates perfectly with the images from Elements of Style! I used the same floral image to stamp my Mini Envelopes!
Here is the other rooster version of the mini notes. The "for you" is from Elements of Style, stamped in Soft Suede, then punched with a 1" Circle Punch. Do you recognize the scalloped circle it's layered on?
It's a punch from the retiring Triple Layer Blossom Bouquet Punch! How cool is that! Perfect fit!
Here are the complete projects filled with the matching mini notes and envelopes! Love it! You can fit 2-3 of the notes with envelopes inside each pocket. What a great gift idea!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Elements of Style
- Ink—Soft Suede, Marina Mist (notes #1) Classic Ink
- Paper—Beau Chateau DSP (retiring); Blushing Bride (retiring), Marina Mist, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Marina Mist Striped Grosgrain (retiring), Mini Envelopes
- Tools—Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, Triple Layer Blossom Punch, Small Oval Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circl Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Bone Folder, SNAIL, Dimensionals
Receive A FREE 2012-2012 Annual Catalog!
I have brand spankin' new Annual Catalogs in my possession and I'm ready to share them with you! Want one?! Well, of course you do! Here's how you can receive one for FREE (with no shipping charge), effective immediately!
- Too Cool Club Members—Will automatically receive one...check your mailbox soon!
- Become A Hostess—Schedule a workshop or private class with me in the Fort Wayne, IN, area!
- $50 Minimum Orders—Local and non-local customers, place a $50 minimum single order (before shipping & tax) via email or at my Online Store!***
- Attend A Too Cool Event—Come to any of my upcoming classes or events!***
***FREE catalog offer cannot be combined with additional promotions, discounts, or incentives.
Purchase A Catalog: If you do not otherwise qualify for a FREE catalog, you may buy the catalog from me for $5, plus $5 for priority shipping, beginning June 1, 2012. You'll be credited (or reimbursed) $5 when you place your first order from that catalog. Contact me for payment details.
Retiring Items Quick Links:
- Retired Accessories List PDF
- Retired Definitely Decorative Items PDF
- Retired Stamp List PDF
- Browse All Retired Products Online
- Browse Only Retired Ink, Paper & Accessories Online
- Browse Discounted Retired Accessories Online