Hurry—Tomorrow Is The Last Day!
My Last Thursdays class is also tomorrow, and we'll be using all retired sets! Today's Two Cool cards, featuring the retiring Vintage Vogue and Sincere Salutations sets, represent one of the card designs we'll be creating! See the other's on yesterday's post.
Vintage Vogue is the perfect set for beautiful random stamping and layering of images! I mean, just look at how simple it was to create the artwork on this project! I used three different stamps with three different colors on one 3-3/4" x 5" sheet of Whisper White card stock.
- Stamp three large flowers in Not Quite Navy in a "triangular" pattern.
- Add an odd number of smaller flowers in Baja Breeze stamped close to the larger flowers.
- Fill in the white spaces in-between with the vine image in Always Artichoke ink.
After adding the Sincere Salutations sentiment in Not Quite Navy, you could stop right there and it would be lovely. But, I added a few Rhinestone Jewels in the big flowers, and some of my already retired Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (it's amazing all the old stuff I'm finding as I'm cleaning out all the soon-to-retire stuff!).
You can't see it very well, but I actually layered one stamped piece on Always Artichoke with a Not Quite Navy card base, and the other is layered on Not Quite Navy on an Always Artichoke base. Mixin' it up, baby!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Vintage Vogue (retiring), Sincere Salutations (retiring)
- Ink—Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Baja Breeze Classic Ink
- Paper—Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)
- Tools—Dimensionals, SNAIL
Don't wait! Order retiring stamp sets and accessories today at my Online Store!
Mark Your Calendar For June's Class!
If you're joining us for the "Last Thursdays" Class tomorrow, I look forward to stamping with you! If not, be sure to mark your calendar for June's "Last Thursdays" class, coming up on June 28!
Retiring Items Quick Links: