Here's another fantastic project that was a Convention 2012 Make & Take...
It's a gift set of 3x3" Daydream Medallion mini note cards in a Kraft Gift Box with matching envelopes! What a super-cute gift idea!
I was delighted to discover that the 3x3" Mini Notes fit beautifully inside the Kraft Gift Box...and it holds A LOT of notes! There was definitely room left over after adding the 4 note cards from this project. I'd venture to guess that 8 to 10 cards could fit inside.
I used VersaMark Ink to stamp the Kraft Gift Box with the blank rubber circles that are the "leftovers" from the Daydream Medallions stamp set...what a great idea!
The Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon is adhered around the box with Sticky Strip and is trimmed flush with the top of the box, so I could open the box easily.
The pretty card stock bow was surprisingly easy to construct.
Card Stock Bow How-Tos
Start with four pieces of card stock: 1"x8-1/2", 1"x7", 1"x5-1/4" and 5/8"x4".
- Adhere the ends of the 1"x8-1/2" strip together with Sticky Strip to make a loop, then do the same with the 1"x7" strip.
- Pinch each loop together in the center and adhere, then adhere the two loops together to make a bow.
- Wrap the 5/8"x4" strip around the center of the bow and adhere. Trim any excess.
- Cut fish-tails on the ends of the 1"x5-1/4" strip, then adhere to the bottom of the bow.
I added a Faceted Button tied with Linen Thread for a sparkly accent.
Each of the 3x3" Mini Notes is stamped with different configurations of the Daydream Medallions images with sentiments from Affection Collection. This note uses the a medium medallion inked in Primrose Petals for the center, and it's surrounded by several smaller medallion images in More Mustard. The sentiment is inked in Early Espresso, and the note is accented with Rhinestone Jewels.
Next, I used the smallest medallion to stamp a border in Primrose Petals and Early Espresso ink. I did OK eye-balling it, but it would have looked nicer with perfect positioning using the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig. More Rhinestone Jewels finish it off.
This note uses two sizes of medallions in Primrose Petals and Early Espresso. I like the offset stamping here. Again, the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig would've have helped me line up the sentiment...but, I'm too dang-gone impatient to use it.
The scrunched paper flower embellishment is created by stamping the second smallest design in More Mustard onto coordinating card stock, then die-cutting with the Floral Frames Framelits. The Faceted Button makes a nice, decorative center.
The final card is similar to the last one, but it uses some bigger medallion stamps in Primrose Petals and More Mustard.
Don't forget to create matching envelopes by using the coordinating Daydream Stampin' Around Wheel in Primrose Petals. So elegant!
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Daydream Medallions, Daydream Wheel, Affection Collection
- Ink—VersaMark; More Mustard, Primrose Petals, Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Kraft Gift Box; 3x3" Mini Square Envelopes, Primrose Petals, More Mustard and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Faceted Buttons, Linen Thread, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Floral Frames Framelits, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Dimensionals
Order supplies used on today's projects, at my Online Store!