How are you liking the Best of 25 Years stamp sets so far? I love seeing what images have been the most popular of the last quarter century, and I can't wait to see what they will be releasing on April 1.
Best of 25 Years Stamp Sets
In case you missed it, to celebrate their 25th anniversary, Stampin' Up! is releasing a limited-time-only "best of..." stamp set each month during 2013. The sets will include popular images in a theme, and one image will be completely new and exclusive to the set. Once the Best of 25 Years stamp sets are released, each set will remain available until March 31, 2014.
So far, we've seen...
CONTEST! Win An April "Best of..." Card Kit!
What do you think April's "best of..." theme will be? Any guesses? If you think you know, add your guess to the Comments section below. If you guess right, I'll enter you in a drawing to win my April "Best of..." Card Kit with all the supplies to create three cards with the featured stamp set.
One guess per person please. US residents only please. Contest ends March 31 at 11:50pm MT.
Today I'm featuring one of the Best of Flowers cards from my March Best of 25 Years Stamp Club kit.
These two cool cards are all about the daisies! I used a clean and simple design to really showcase the flower images in the Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party and Calypso Coral colors.
Do you love these colors as much as I do? I've been trying to use the 2011-2013 In Color Collection colors on lots of projects because they will be leaving on May 31, 2013. I'm so sad!
TIP: If you love the 2011 In Colors, be sure to stock up now! Once the retired list is announced on May 1, there's no telling how fast these colors will sell out and they'll only be available while supplies last.
I added a beautiful decorative border to my Whisper White card base with the Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folders. Right above that, I laid down a strip of Sticky Tape, then adhered a piece of Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon to it, trimming the ends.
The now retired Sale-A-Bration Vintage Verses sentiment is stamped in Wisteria Wonder.
The Best of Flowers daisy images are stamped in Basic Black onto different colors of In Color Designer Series Paper Stack papers. Don't worry about cutting out all those flowers by hand. If you have the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, it's the perfect shape to punch those flowers—Too Cool!
I attached the flowers with Dimensionals, taking care not to apply them on top of the ribbon, because they don't stick to that very well.
Don't forget to add some Rhinestone Jewels to the centers to make this card sparkle!
I'm not sure which version I like better. But, I do like how my Vintage Verses sentiment looks popped up on an Extra Large Oval Punch. Truth: It wasn't my intention to do it that way, but I jacked up the image when I stamped it on the card base. Just proves once again that there are never mistakes in papercrafting!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Best of Flowers, Vintage Verses (retired)
- Ink—Basic Black and Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink
- Paper—2011-2013 In Color Designer Series Paper Stack; Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, 1-1/4” Scallop Circle Punch, Extra Large Oval Punch (card #2), Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by April 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- NEW Price on MDS—Now only $19.95 for full software & content!
- The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!
- Fabric Frenzy—50% off all fabrics thru March 31.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Rescheduled to April 3
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—April 8
- Wow Techniques Class—April 12
- Sale-A-Bration Celebration FREE Stamp Camp—April 20, 1-3pm