How about another sneak peek from the upcoming 2012-2013 Annual Catalog? Woohoo!
The new catalog will be released on June 1. Learn how you can receive a FREE catalog at the bottom of this post!
But first, let's check out some images from the new Betsy's Blossoms stamp set! I created Two Cool Corner Catchers, which is a fancy name for bookmarks!
See how these cute little card stock pockets fit onto the corners of the pages of a book, magazine or altered composition notebook? Too Cool!
This is the back of the corner catcher showing the pocket.
Both corner catchers are decorated with images from Betsy's Blossoms stamp set. Here you see a bold flower shape layered on top of leaves. The images match the Floral District Designer Series Paper, another catalog sneak peek, that I have in the background.
This version features a bird that is also in the same stamp set. And, look how the Boho Blossoms Punch flowers match that designer paper! Coordination, baby!
Speaking of coordination...this project could have been coordinated much better! When I first looked at this paper I thought that it featured the new Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple colors, so that's the ink I used to stamp my images. Upon closer inspection, I realized that the paper really features Rich Razzleberry and Rose Red instead. Silly me! I hate that it doesn't match perfectly...Stampin' Up! has spoiled me that way!
Corner Catcher How-Tos
Making this bookmark is easy, especially when you have the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate. Here are the steps:
- Start with a 4x4" piece of card stock.
- Using the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, score at the 2" mark (photo #1).
- Rotate the piece counter-clockwise a quarter turn, then score again at the 2" mark (photo #2).
- Fold those two corners down to create a point.
- Place a 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" piece of card stock on the Diagonal Plate and score at the 1-7/8" mark.
- Flip the piece over left-to-right and score again at the 1-7/8" mark (photo #1).
- Cut along the score lines, and adhere the triangle to the back of the corner catcher to secure the folded flaps down (photo #2).
- Cut a 3-3/4" square sheet of decorative paper.
- Use the Diagonal Plate to score at the 1-7/8" mark on both sides to create a point just like you did for the back panel.
- Cut along the score lines, then adhere to the front of your corner catcher.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Betsy's Blossoms (coming June 1)
- Ink—Primrose Petals, Baja Breeze, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green Classic Ink
- Paper—Floral District DSP (coming June 1); Raspberry Ripple, Baja Breeze, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch (project #2), 1/4" Circle Punch (project #2), SNAIL, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip
Receive A FREE 2012-2012 Annual Catalog!
I have brand spankin' new Annual Catalogs in my possession and I'm ready to share them with you! Want one?! Well, of course you do! Here's how you can receive one for FREE (with no shipping charge), effective immediately!
- Too Cool Club Members—Will automatically receive one...check your mailbox soon!
- Become A Hostess—Schedule a workshop or private class with me in the Fort Wayne, IN, area!
- $50 Minimum Orders—Local and non-local customers, place a $50 minimum single order (before shipping & tax) via email or at my Online Store!***
- Attend A Too Cool Event—Come to any of my upcoming classes or events!***
***FREE catalog offer cannot be combined with additional promotions, discounts, or incentives.
Purchase A Catalog: If you do not otherwise qualify for a FREE catalog, you may buy the catalog from me for $5, plus $5 for priority shipping, beginning June 1, 2012. You'll be credited (or reimbursed) $5 when you place your first order from that catalog. Contact me for payment details.
Retiring Items Quick Links: