I think we're finally supposed to get some snow today in Indiana. It's a HUGE weather event...possibly 1-2" they are predicting! Oh my! Seriously, Mother Nature is not quite in the holiday spirit if this is all we're gonna get before Christmas!
It's OK, because I've got plenty of holiday spirit and plenty sparkly snowflakes! Some of them are even multicolored!
Today's project was one of our Wow Techniques class projects from last week. And there are two cool "wow" techniques featured: Colored Glimmer Paper and Sparkling Embossing! This card is CASEd from our demonstrator Stampin' Success Magazine and it's one of my favorites this season!
The background is embossed with the Northern Flurry Texture Impressions Folder, and this version starts with a Rose Red card base. The bottom edge is Silver Glimmer Paper that's been punched with the Dotted Scallop Border Punch, then colored with Gumball Green Refill Ink.
The Snow Flurry snowflake die-cuts are colored with Melon Mambo and Gumball Green refill inks, popped up with Dimensionals, and topped with a Rhinestone Jewel.
Coloring Glimmer Paper Tips
- Cut out your die-cut shape first. (If you cut it afterward, you may get ink on your cutting plates that can transfer onto future projects.)
- Dab on any color of Refill Inks with a Sponge Dauber.
- The glitter in the paper resists the ink, so you'll need to get rid of the excess ink. Either dry your Glimmer Paper on the low setting of the Heat Tool or dab the excess ink off with a tissue.
Colored Ice Embossing
For even more sparkle, I embossed the "believe" sentiment from Snow Soiree with a mixture of Wild Wasabi and Iridescent Ice embossing powders. Stamp with VersaMark first, sprinkle on the mixture, tap off the excess and heat with a Heat Tool until smooth and shiny. (Don't forget to use your Embossing Buddy so you won't have the powder clinging where you don't want it. I forgot...again.)
I mixed up my Wasabi Ice mixture in a old button container at about a 50/50 ratio.
My second version is on a Night of Navy card base with a Night of Navy Glimmer border.
I used Melon Mambo ink on the smallest flake, and the largest one has a combination of Rich Razzleberry and Night of Navy inks.
I made a Silver Ice mixture for this sentiment: half Silver and half Iridescent Ice. The sparkliness is Too Cool!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Snowflake Soiree
- Ink—VersaMark Ink; Melon Mambo, Gumball Green (#1), Night of Navy (#2) and Rich Razzleberry (#2) Classic Refill Inks
- Paper—Silver Glimmer Paper; Rose Red (#1), Night of Navy (#2) and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder, Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder (#1), Silver Embossing Powder (#2), Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Northern Flurry Texture Impressions Folder, Snow Flurry Die, Big Shot, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, Sponge Daubers, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL.
You can find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Upcoming Too Cool Events!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Cards Class—Dec. 27, 6:30pm.
- Spring Catalog "Kick-Off" Party—Jan. 6, 1pm.
- Wow Techniques Class—Jan. 18, 6:30pm.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Jan. 22 - March 22.