Here's another fun project idea for the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate that was shared by Donna Griffith at Leadership 2012.
Here is the one I gave her filled with fun little goodies. It was so packed it was difficult to get a good photo that would show all the stuff. So, I emptied it out...
Look at all the fun stuff I stuck inside!
- 8 Wrapped Hershey's Nuggets
- 3 Pretty Postage Gift Tags
- 5 Tempting Turquoise Bright Buttons
- 3 Heart Notes with Mini Envelopes
- 2 ft. of Island Indigo Baker's Twine
Isn't that fun?! I love how almost everything is in the same coordinating Pool Party and Island Indigo colors. Using the Pool Party Patterns Designer Paper for the box and the chocolate wraps and the envelopes really ties it all together.
I love how the Round Tab Punch makes the perfect spool for the Baker's Twine. And, I added the buttons to a Small Cello Bag to keep them contained. But, my absolute favorite goodies are the Hearts Notes and Mini Envelopes—adorable!
Diagonal Plate Goodie Box How-Tos
This is a super easy box to make if you have the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate!
- Cut your designer paper to 6" square.
- Score vertically at 2" and 4" on both sides of your paper.
- Turn paper over and score diagonally from the corners to the intersection of the score lines.
Here is what your score lines should look like.
Once you fold on the score lines, simply punch holes in each point and string with ribbon to hold the shape.
I was surprised at the amount of stuff that would fit in the box! I wanted the contents to all be peeking out of the top, so I added some filler "grass" in the bottom. I made this with scraps of Island Indigo that I ran through the Crimper and scrunched up.
About 12 strands was just enough to keep my goodies from sinking. Perfect!
Wouldn't this make a cute little Easter basket filled with jelly beans and chocolate bunnies? Oh, the possibilities!
Heart Mini Envelopes How-Tos
- Cut designer paper to 3" square.
- Score each side diagonally at 1-1/4" mark.
- Snip away the triangles where the score lines intersect.
- Fold and adhere.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Pretty Postage, Take It To Heart
Ink—Island Indigo Classic Ink
Paper—In Color Designer Patterns Paper Stack; Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Dazzling Diamonds, Bright Buttons, Small Cello Bag
- Tools—Postage Stamp Punch, Extra Large Tag Punch, 1/8" Hole Punch, Full Heart Punch, Round Tab Punch, Simply Scored, Diagonal Plate, Crop-A-Dile, Crimper, 2-Way Glue Pen, SNAIL
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!