Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Countdown To Christmas Series—September 12. Features Your Presents
- "Last Thursdays" Class—August 27. RSVP by August 26.
- September Stamp-of-the-Month—Features Vintage Leaves. Register by September 8.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
Peaceful Pines Winter Woods Cards
Today's Holiday Catalog sneak peek features 5 brand new items, including 2 new bundles!
Sneak Peek #1: Woodland Texture Impressions Folder—The background texture on the 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Lost Lagoon card stock was created courtesy of the new Woodland Texture Impressions Folder. Like the Brick Wall Folder that came out in the Annual Catalog, this embossing folder is a large 6" x 6" size that allows you to easily position your card stock in either direction in the folder! I love those bare birch trees! It's a great texture for both solemn winter scenes and autumn woods backgrounds. You can purchase this folder in a bundle at a discount with the Among The Branches stamp set (not shown here).
Background Basics—I mounted the embossed layer to a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Silver Foil, and popped that up on the Night of Navy card base with Dimensionals.
TIP: I die-cut the silver tree from the center of my Silver Foil before adhering it to the background to make the most efficient use of the paper! More on the tree below!
Sneak Peek #2: Sleigh Ride Edgelits—The Whisper White snowy hills were die-cut using the brand new Sleigh Ride Edgelits. Now, these edgelits don't appear very exciting on this card, but trust me, you're going to love them! The three edges have little silhouettes of trees, houses and a horse & sleigh. I cut the silhouettes off for a clean hill.
Sneak Peek #3: Jingle All The Way Stamp Set—The Night of Navy sentiment that gently curves along the slope of the hill is part of the new Jingle All The Way stamp set, which coordinates with the Sleigh Ride Edgelits. You can save 15% when you purchase them together in a bundle!
Sneak Peek #4: Peaceful Pines Stamp Set—The last two sneak peeks are my favorite! I used the new Peaceful Pines photopolymer stamp set to stamp a Wild Wasabi tree onto Mint Macaron card stock. This is a fun set with 8 different styles of trees in 3 different sizes, along with adorable little accents to decorate the tree.
Sneak Peek #5: Perfect Pines Framelits—You don't have to worry about cutting out the trees, because the coordinating Perfect Pines Framelits takes care of it easily! Even better, the set comes with 3 awesome dies that add decorative cuts to the tree shapes. After cutting my Silver Foil tree, I ran it through the Big Shot again to add the branches textured cuts—Too Cool!
Finishing Touches—I added a 1/8" Silver Ribbon bow to my stamped tree with a Glue Dot and popped it up with Dimensionals. Then, to simulate falling snow, I placed a few Rhinestone Jewels over the whole card front.
Two Cool—For my second version, I tried the same basic elements on a vertical card. I sponged on some Pool Party ink onto the background to bring out the texture of the Woodland trees.
Terrific Tree Textures—This time, I used the branches texture on my Mint Macaron tree, and if you look closely, you can see that I used my Paper Piercer to push each of the branches up a little bit for even more dimension! The Silver Foil tree has a cool string of dots that start as deep embossing, but can be poked out with a Paper Piercer to make holes to see the color underneath. Love it!
Sweet Sentiment—I doubled up the Sleigh Ride Edgelit hills this time and added a shorter Jingle All The Way curved sentiment.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru. The Holiday Catalog links will be LIVE once the catalog is released on September 1.
- Stamps—Peaceful Pines (photopolymer) OR Peaceful Pines Bundle, Jingle All The Way (clear, wood) OR Jingle All The Way Bundle (clear, wood)
- Ink—Night of Navy, Pool Party (card #2) & Wild Wasabi (card #1) Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Silver Foil; Mint Macaron, Night of Navy & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—1/8" Silver Ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Sleigh Ride Edgelits,OR Jingle All The Way Bundle (clear, wood), Perfect Pines Framelits OR Peaceful Pines Bundle, Woodland Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Paper Piercer, Sponges, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
I'd Love To Hear From You! What do you think about the fun new Holiday Catalog sneak peeks? Will any of them make your wish list? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Keepin' On Hopping! Thank you so much for stopping by my Too Cool Stamping blog today! Please continue the Grand Vacation Achievers Blog Hop by clicking on the next link to see what awesome sneak peeks that the next blog has for you!
Thursday, August 27, 6:30pm.
Create 4 cards using simple, Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, our cards will feature several ways to add color to your cards! Class-To-Go Kits are available!See Details For August's "Last Thursdays" Class
Contact Me To Sign Up by Wednesday, August 26, at 5pm!
- Local Class: Tuesday, September 22, 6:30pm.
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Kit includes Vintage Leaves stamp set, Gold Metal Buttons & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 beautiful autumn cards!
Contact Me To Register Up by Tuesday, September 8.
Get your Christmas cards done a little at a time this year! Each month in this 4-month Countdown To Christmas Series we'll create 12 cards (6 each of 2 designs) from a featured holiday stamp set that's included in the class kit!
- Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Demonstrator Cards-Only Kits Available!
See Details for Countdown To Christmas!
Contact Me by August 31 To Register!