►Check Out My Too Cool Stamping Classes!◄
- See my Calendar of Events for my complete class schedule!
- Or, see details about the newest Spring class additions!
- Shop—Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Items For Every $50 Order! Shop now!
- Host—Earn $30 More Hostess Dollars With A $300 Party! Host a party!
- Join—Choose $150 Worth of Stampin' Supplies For Only $99! Join now!
►Browse the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF to see choices!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today's project has been featured at my "Last Thursdays" class and several private classes, and it's definitely a popular one!
Not only is it pretty, it's pretty simple to create! That's the real beauty of the design! These two cool cards feature the Happy Watercolor set and coordinating Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper.
CASEd from Lisa Starzl at Stamping With Lynn.
Cool Card Base—One of my favorite things about this card is that it has a non-traditional card base. I used a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Island Indigo as a foundation, then adhered an 8" x 5-1/4" Whisper White piece, folded in half, to the top. When you want the look of a dark card base, but you want the inside to be lighter to easily write inside, this is a great solution!
Triple Color Floral Focal Point—The beautiful single bloom was stamped on the right of the card in StazOn Black ink.
I love the background "wash" image, because it truly does give the illusion of a watercolor wash effect. I stamped the wash in Island Indigo, Gumball Green and Smoky Slate, and they were all stamped off once for a more subtle shade. At later classes, I started using Soft Sky in place of the Island Indigo and I liked it better, because it wasn't as bold.
The images in this set layer so beautifully. I love the cluster of circles for a little added "texture" in Island Indigo.
Watercolor Wonderful Border—The border accent is a 1" x 5-1/4" piece of the floral Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper layered on matching card stock. I started with a 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" piece of the Island Indigo, then die-cut an intricate border with the Finishing Touches Edgelits.
Before adhering to the card front, I wrapped some Island Indigo Baker's Twine around the element and tied it in a neat bow.
The Watercolor Wonder paper has a similar floral pattern in Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight, so I tried a variation with that combination. The same colors, along with Smoky Slate, are used for the wash images, and are stamped off for lighter versions. I swapped out the Baker's Twine for Calypso Coral—perfect!
Sentiments—Both cards used sentiments from the same Happy Watercolor set, stamped in StazOn Black.
Complete Supplies List:
- Stamps—Happy Watercolor (wood)
- Ink—Black StazOn; Island Indigo and Gumball Green (card #1), Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight (card #2) and Smoky Slate Classic Ink
- Paper—Island Indigo (card #1), Tangerine Tango (card #2), Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Island Indigo Baker's Twine (card #1), Calypso Coral Baker's Twine (card #2)
- Tools—Finishing Touches Edgelits, Big Shot, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
Let's Plan A Girls Night Out In March! Are you in the Fort Wayne area? Gather up 6 or more of your friends and let's get together for a fun night of stamping! You bring the wine and I'll bring supplies for you and your guests to make 4 beautiful handmade cards! Contact me today to design a personalized Great Night Out at your house or mine!
Too Cool Events!
- Full Spring Classes Event Schedule
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—Feb 27, RSVP by Feb. 26.
- Anything Goes Open Stamp Night—March 6, 5:30-9pm
- Happenings Cards & Card Box—Register by March 6, on March 19
- Wow Techniques Class—March 14, 6:30pm
- Perfect Pennants Stamp-of-the Month Kit—Register by March 15.
Don't Miss These!