►►►Current SAB Hostess Code is YBBQBBGQ◄◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: TC Stamper Sampler Class—Learn Trendy techniques! February 18.
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Painted Petals. March 12. Register by February 25.
- Occasions Catalog PDF—New stamps, tools & accessories for the New Year!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
All this week I'm featuring Valentine's from my Too Cool Team shoebox swap! Today I'm featuring a combination card and treat holder created by Peggy Tassler!
What a fun, all-in-one, card & treat! This special gift includes candy & a tag, certain to bring a smile to your Valentine's face!
Basic Nugget Box Card—Peggy was inspired by the Gently Falling Treat Box Card that I created, but she adjusted the measurements a bit so she could create it with an 8-1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock, instead of a 12" x 12" one.
Here are the adjusted measurements:
- Start with a 6-1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock.
- Score your 6-1/2" side at 3/4" and 5-3/4".
- Score your 11" side at 2-7/8", 7-1/4", 8", 9-1/2" and 10-1/4".
Complete instructions on assembly can be found at my Gently Falling Treat Box Card post.
Nugget Holder—After all the scoring and cutting, but before adhering everything together, Peggy added the decorative paper to the box front. She used a piece of Back To Black DSP measuring 1-3/8" x 4-7/8".
Next, she used the Modern Label Punch to make the window that shows the nuggets. Punch two times, side-by-side to make the long window.
TIP: Punch out a sticky note first, then use that as a template. Position the sticky note shape where you want the hole on the box, then punch right over the top. Otherwise, your two punched windows may not line up correctly (see my first photo, haha)
Adhere your box with Sticky Strip or Fast Fuse.
Nugget Décor—The box holds 5 Hershey's Nuggets chocolates perfectly. Peggy wrapped them with 1" x 3" pieces of Back To Black DSP so they match the project.
Tag Pocket Basics—She trimmed off a diagonal piece of the far right side of the card, starting at the center of the right edge and angling up to the top of the first score line. Then she adhered the bottom and side of this flap to create a pocket for a tag.
Tag Pocket Décor—Peggy decorated the front of the pocket with a 2-3/4" x 4-7/8" piece Back To Black DSP that is cut to match the diagonal. She punched a couple of Sweetheart Punches in Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White, stamping on the white heart with a retired Good Greetings sentiment in Cherry Cobbler.
Sweet Sentiment—The Good Greetings phrase at the bottom is stamped in Cherry Cobbler on a 2-5/8" x 1/2" piece of Whisper White. Peggy used the Modern Label Punch to trim each end of the strip before popping up with Dimensionals.
Tag Trimming—Peggy finished her project with a little tag to fit in the pocket. She started with a 2-1/4" x 4-3/4" piece of Basic Black and used a 2-1/2" Circle Punch to round the top in a semi-circle shape. To do this, simply bring the paper up through the bottom of the punch and out the side, so that only one side of the circle is punched.
Next, she punched the top of a 2" x 4-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch.
Tag Décor—Before adhering the two layers together, she tied some Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding through the tag top. She added a phrase from the Bloom With Hope Hostess set in Cherry Cobbler ink, along with some Confetti Hearts and a Rhinestone Jewel. So sweet!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Bloom With Hope (wood), retired Good Greetings
- Ink—Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink
- Paper—Back To Black DSP; Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Simply Scored, Modern Label Punch, Sweetheart Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Confetti Hearts Border Punch, Paper Snips, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks so much for sharing your Too Cool nugget box card, Peggy! What an awesome Valentine's gift idea!
Be sure to join us all week long with more fun & easy Valentine's projects!
3 Ways To Earn FREE Sale-A-Bration Goodies!
Check out all of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration items you can earn for FREE this year! Browse the Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF.
I'll be hosting a very special event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil you! It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
It's FREE—Earn Your Invitation!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Stampin' Quick Links