- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Available for limited time, August 2-31 only!
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Bonus Days Coupon Redemption—August 2-31
- Holiday Catalog—Begins on September 1
- August "Last Thursdays" Card Class—August 25
- Greetings From Santa Countdown To Christmas Class—Register by August 31.
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing another card from my upcoming "Last Thursdays" class, coming up on August 25. If you're in the area, I hope you can join us.
• • • • •
August "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, August 25, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, August 24, at 5pm.See Complete "Last Thursdays" Class Details!
Bunch of Blossoms Two Flowers Cards
The Bunch of Blossoms Bundle is so fun and versatile! It includes the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set with 26 two-step images that you combine with the Blossom Builder Punch to create flowers in all kinds of shapes!
From a single bud, to a full, 3D, layered paper flower, this bundle makes it easy to build a beautiful bouquet! I also LOVE the greetings in this set! So trendy & elegant!
I wanted to keep my "Last Thursdays" card quick & easy, so I stuck with two simple stamped blooms.
Background Basics—This card has a unique card base that doesn't open in the traditional way. I started the card with a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock. Just a quarter sheet, non-folded. On top of that, I added a 4" x 5-1/4" layer in the same color that was embossed with the Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder.
Front Flap Opening—The focal point of this card is actually a flap that opens up to become the inside of the card. How fun! I cut an 8" x 3" piece of Whisper White card stock, then scored at the 4" mark to make the flap. The bottom corners are shaped with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch. After everything was stamped, I mounted the flap on a 3-1/8' x 4-1/8" piece of Watermelon Wonder, also rounded on the bottom. Love that opening!
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Bunch of Blossoms greeting in Rich Razzleberry first so I knew how to position the blooms!
Two-Step Blooms—Next, I stamped the flower stems & leaves onto the flap in Wild Wasabi ink.
For the first flower, I stamped the large solid petal in Sweet Sugarplum onto scrap Whisper White card stock, then stamped over the top with the second large petal image in Rich Razzleberry ink. I punched it with the Blossom Builder Punch, then popped it up with Dimensionals.
For the second flower, I stamped the smaller solid petal image in Calypso Coral, then over the top with the second image in Watermelon Wonder. These were also punched out and the center petal is popped up. I love the depth & detail on those petals!
Finishing Touches—I tied a simple bow with Whisper White Baker's Twine and attached it on the stems with a Glue Dot.
Two Cool—I created my second version of this card in the traditional card style, with the usual card opening. The card base is in Rose Red, and the background texture was created with the Festive Texture Impressions Folder.
Two Blooms—This time, the focal point layer is 3" x 4" and layered on a 3-1/8" x 4-1/8" Peekaboo Peach mat. I stamped the first flower in Rose Red, stamped off once for the first solid layer, then full strength for the detailed step. The second flower is stamped with Peekaboo Peach for the first step and Pumpkin Pie for the top step.
Sweet Sentiment—The greeting is from the same set, this time stamped in Rose Red ink.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Bunch of Blossoms (photopolymer) OR Bunch of Blossoms Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Wild Wasabi; Calypso Coral, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Watermelon Wonder (card #1); Peekaboo Peach, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red (card #2)
- Paper—Rich Razzleberry, Watermelon Wonder (card #1), Peekaboo Peach, Rose Red (card #2) & Whisper White
- Accessories—Whisper White Baker's Twine
- Tools—Petal Burst Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Festive Texture Impressions Folder (card #2), Big Shot, Blossom Builder Punch OR Bunch of Blossoms Bundle (photopolymer), Project Life Corner Rounder, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
September Countdown To Christmas Class Series
12 Cards Featuring Greetings From Santa! Class-To-Go Kits Available!See Complete Greetings From Santa Class Details!
Exclusive, Limited-Time-Only Thoughtful Branches Bundle Available!
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!