Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- CLASS: Countdown To Christmas Class—Letterpress Winter. Register by Sept. 22
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Card Class—Sept. 25. RSVP by Sept. 24
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—For All Things. Register by Sept. 26
- 2014 Holiday Catalog PDF—Browse Holiday items Online
- SPECIAL: FREE Ink Pad or equvalent when you book a private class by Sept. 16
- SPECIAL: FREE Good Greetings Stamp Set—With a $300 workshop.
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
I'm starting with the BEST card first! The photos don't do them justice! I CASEd this card from Michelle Hoover, who was inspired by the card in the Holiday Catalog on page 20. This gorgeous card is made with the new Snowflake Card Thinlit Die, and you'll be able to make 6 of them in your October Countdown To Christmas Class Kit!
CASEd from Michelle Hoover at Hoover's Dam Stamping.Stampin' Up! has taken coordination to the next level with this combination of products! The large snowflake image from Letterpress Winter matches perfectly with the "flipping" snowflake die-cut. The smaller stamp designs mimics the mini snowflake die-cut in the center of the focal point. The little Frosted Snowflake Sequins have a similar shape. And, of course the All Is Calm Designer Series Paper has patterns with the same snowflakes designs.
Your Countdown To Christmas Kit will include the Letterpress Winter photopolymer stamp set, and there is an optional upgrade to include the Snowflake Thinlit Die, in case you want to make more of these fabulous cards!
Spectacular Snowflake—I started with a traditional 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Pear Pizzazz card base that I ran through the Big Shot with the Snowflake Card Thinlit Die. More on how to do that later in this post. The part I love is that you can create the Whisper White die-cut snowflake shape by running the card stock through once, turning the card stock 90°, and die-cutting again to create the perfectly cut shape to fit on the "flip."
The Snowflake Card Thinlit comes with other accents dies that I used to cut the Silver Foil snowflake layer and the Pear Pizzazz mini snowflake in the center. These delicate shapes are adhered with a few dabs of Multipurpose Glue.
Frosted Snowflake Sequins—Your kit will also include a full package of the new Frosted Sequins that you can glue to the front for more matching accents!
Belly Band—This fancy fold card is secured closed with a simple, 1" x 9" Whisper White belly band that's stamped with the Letterpress Winter greeting in Lost Lagoon, as well as mini snowflakes in Pear Pizzazz.
TIP: I didn't pre-score the band. I simply wrapped it loosely around the card and adhered the overlapping ends with some SNAIL.
Inside The Flip—When you take the belly band off, you can see that there is an extended flap on the right side that is decorated with a piece of 2" x 5-1/8" piece of All Is Calm DSP. I also stamped the Letterpress Winter snowflake on the back of the focal point.
The inside of the extended flap has a 2" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White accented with more snowflakes in Lost Lagoon ink. It's the perfect place to write a merry message!
Making The Extended Flap—When you use the Snowflake Card Thinlit the traditional way, you get a simple flip card that ends before the "tri-folded" extended flap you see on this card. It's easy to add that extra flap to have plenty of room for writing. Here's how...
- Trim your card stock to 5-1/8" x 8-1/2". You need it just a little skinnier so that it fits through the die.
- Thread your card stock through the Snowflake Thinlit positioned so that one side fits just inside the die's cutting ridge, while the other side fits up and over the the die. That side will be above the die, so it doesn't get cut.
- Run it through the Big Shot.
- Where the card stock was positioned over the die, it creates a nice score line for your extended flap. Too Cool!
Here's an example of the set up using the Label Card Thinlit on a project I did last year. This is what it looks like with the cutting side down.
I made a second version of this card using the striped pattern from the All Is Calm DSP and changed the mini snowflake die-cut to Lost Lagoon card stock. We'll make 3 of the the striped patterned paper and 3 with the snowflake patterned paper.
- Stamps—Letterpress Winter Photopolymer
- Ink—Pear Pizzazz and Lost Lagoon Classic Ink
- Paper—All Is Calm DSP; Silver Foil; Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Frosted Sequins
- Tools—Snowflake Card Thinlit, Big Shot, Glue Dots, Multipurpose Glue, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
October Countdown To Christmas Letterpress Winter Class
Let's Make Holiday Cards! Create 12 cards (6 each of 2 designs) in this stamp-a-stack style class on Saturday, October 4! Kit includes the Letterpress Winter Stamp set, a package of Frosted Sequins, and all the supplies you need to make the 12 cards! Class-To-Go Kits available.
See Complete Details For The Letterpress Winter Class!Pre-paid Registration by September 22, 2014. Contact me today!
October Stamp-of-the-Month For All Things Class
Create 5 Fall projects using the For All Things stamp set! Class Kit includes the stamp set, Color Me Autumn Washi Tape and 1/4 package of Gold Buttons, plus all the supplies you need for the projects! Class-To-Go Kits available. Demonstrators can purchase project-only class kits.
See Complete Details For The For All Things Class!
Pre-paid Registration by September 26, 2014. Contact me today!
Stampin' Up! Quick Links