- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
- Nov Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Hang Your Stocking.
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
Hi Stamping Friends!
My favorite style of card is elegant, so I enjoyed making today's cards so much! We'll be making this card at my "Last Thursdays" class coming up on September 29. If you're in the Fort Wayne, IN, area, I'd love for you to join us!
• • • • •
September's "Last Thursdays" Card Class
Thursday, September 29, 2016, 6:30pm. RSVP by Wednesday, September 28, at 5pm.
Create 4 cards using Too Cool techniques, plus envelopes. This month, we'll be featuring fall-themed all-occasion cards & some awesome stamping techniques. This class is perfect for any level stamper, but it's designed for new stampers to get a feel for the basics! Class Fee—$15 OR it's FREE with a minimum order placed at the event! See Complete "Last Thursdays" Details.
Bring-A-Friend, Select 5 Hand-Made Cards—Bring a friend who has never been to my classes before and you'll be able to select a your choice of 5 cards from my card rack!
Contact Me To RSVP For The "Last Thursdays" Class!
CASEd from Kylie Bertucci.
Elegant Vintage Leaves Window Panel Cards
A subdued color palette and the gorgeous Vintage Leaves images combine to create cards that can be used for just about any occasion from birthdays to sympathy. It's also a fantastic masculine card! I love it on so many levels! Let's take a closer look...
Cool Card Opening—I love the fun window opening on this card style! It looks fancy, yet it's so easy to create!
You can make the window opening as wide or skinny as you want, depending on what you want to show through.
Window Panel Basics—For a 1-1/2" window opening, I cut three pieces:
- A 6-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Dapper Denim, scored at 4-1/4" for the card base
- A 3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Dapper Denim for the edge of the card.
- A 2-1/4" x 5-1/2" Window Sheet
Here is how it's assembled:
- On the inside of the card, adhere the Window Sheet to the card base with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- On the outside of the card, I added Tear & Tape Adhesive to the outer edge of the Window Sheet.
- With the card closed, carefully line up the skinny Dapper Denim piece flush with the edge of the card base and attach it to the Window Sheet.
Inside Leaves Panel—I stamped the Vintage Leaves images all over a 2" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock. TIP: For a randomly stamped background to look balanced, It helps to stamp from largest to smallest and/or darkest to lightest. Here's how I did it.
- Stamp the largest leaf 3 times in Dapper Denim ink.
- Stamp the smallest leaf near the first leaves in Basic Black.
- Stamp the medium leaf in Smoky Slate in the white spaces.
- Stamp the medium leaf in Sahara Sand over every remaining white space to fill it in.
I adhered the panel to a 4" x 5-1/2" Whisper White piece that I adhered to the inside of the card.
Leaf Accent—I stamped the jagged leaf again in Sahara Sand on scrap Whisper White, then die-cut it with the coordinating Leaflets Framelits. It's popped up with Dimensionals.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped a greeting from the Wetlands stamp set in Dapper Denim onto Whisper White, then die-cut it with the Project Life Cards & Labels Framelits and popped it with Dimensionals. It's the perfect size to bridge the two sides of the window. I finished be adding some Pearl Jewels to either side of the label shape.
Two Cool—I used the same color combination for the stamping, but put it against a Basic Gray card base for a more classy look.
This time, I stamped the accent leaf in Dapper Denim and the Wetlands greeting in Basic Black.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Vintage Leaves (photopolymer), Wetlands (clear, wood)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, Sahara Sand
- Paper—Window Sheets; Dapper Denim (card #1), Basic Gray (card #2), Whisper White
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Leaflets Framelits, Project life Cards & Labels Framelits, Big Shot, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!