Hurry—Sale-A-Bration Ends Friday!
We're coming down to the final days of the most fabulous Stampin' Up! promotion of the year—Sale-A-Bration! Don't miss your last chance to earn these amazing FREE Sale-A-Bration items:
- Spend $50—Select a FREE Sale-A-Bration (SAB) item for every $50 you purchase!
- Spend $150—Earn FREE Silver Glimmer Paper, plus choose 3 SAB items!
- $400 Workshop Orders—Earn a FREE Hostess Bundle of Madison Avenue stamp set, Sycamore Street DSP, and Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack, plus Silver Glimmer paper, FREE SAB items, in addition to the regular Hostess Benefits ($65 in Hostess Dollars and a 1/2 price item)! There's still time to combine your orders with friends and submit them together for all these goodies!
- 25% More In Your Starter Kit—Join the Stampin' Up! family for only $99 and select up to $156 worth of items, plus FREE shipping on your purchase. Then, enjoy all the benefits of being a demonstrator, too!
Don't Wait—All of The Fun Ends On March 22, 2013!
- See all the exclusive FREE selections in the Sale-A-Bration PDF.
- Shop now at my Online Store to start earning your SAB items!
- Join My Team now to get the SAB Starter Kit bonus!
Get In On My Too Cool Sale-A-Bration Celebration!
Don't forget that you can earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Celebration Stamp Camp when you place at least $150 in orders during Sale-A-Bration! Click the above link for details!
Want to know how close you are to hitting the $150 mark to earn your FREE spot at the Stamp Camp? Contact me for your current total.
Today's project is one of the Quick & Cool technique cards that we created at my Too Cool Demo Team shoebox swap last week.
Carmen DeBruce shared how to make this simple, and oh-so-cute, Whale Spinner Card featuring the Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper! The whale embellishment spins and glides along the track as you tilt the card back and forth—Too Cool! And, surprisingly easy to do!
We started with a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" Whisper White card base folded in half. Next, we texture embossed the 5-1/4" x 4" Marina Mist card stock with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder.
Creating the Spinner Track: We used the Word Window Punch, and positioned it with the edge of the punch flush with the edge of card stock and the card stock all the way into the punch. Punch once, then slide the punch over, punch again, and repeat on the other side, lining up the edges flush again. If you have any extra points from the curve of the punch, simply punch those out again to create a long, straight track. Note: We used the black, old style punch, so I'm not sure how the new style would position differently on the card.
After punching the track, we added a 5" x 1" piece of the DSP to the bottom for decoration.
Creating the Spinner: First, create your embellishment. Here we punched an image from the Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP with the 1-1/4' Circle Punch, then layered it on a Melon Mambo 1-3/8" Circle punch, and finally on a Daffodil Delight 1-3/4" Scallop Circle.
The spinner mechanism is made with two pennies. Place one penny under the track and add a half Dimensional to the center of it. We cut the Dimensional in half to make sure it was small enough to allow the penny to spin freely in the track. Then, adhere the other penny on top on the front side of the track. The embellishment is adhered with another Dimensional on top.
Make sure the spinner spins freely. You may have to work it a few times to get it to spin smoothly. Then use a gazillion more Dimensionals to adhere the Marina Mist track piece onto the card base, keeping them far enough away from where the pennies will glide.
We finished off the card with a Curly Cute sentiment, stamped in Old Olive onto a 4-1/2" x 1" piece of Whisper White card stock that has been fish-tailed on the end. Then, we added an Old Olive Bright Button tied with some White Baker's Twine, attached with a Glue Dot.
You'll be surprised how easy it is to make this quick & cool, interactive card! Thanks for sharing it with us, Carmen!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Curly Cute
- Ink—Old Olive Classic Ink
- Paper—Sunshine & Sprinkles DSP; Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Bright Buttons, White Baker's Twine, two pennies
- Tools—Honeycomb Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Word Window Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!Angie
Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription. Sign up by March 10.
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- NEW A Round Array Bundle—New catalog sneak peek thru May 30.
- NEW Price on MDS—Now only $19.95 for full software & content!
- The Basics Online Class—34 project lessons, only $14.95
- Photopolymer All-Clear Stamps—New Designer Typeset set!