Are you ready for something that's fun, easy-to-make, and a little different? How about some wearable Stampin' Up! artwork!
Michelle Hoover brought this Soda Pop Top Necklace project as a make & take to our February demonstrator meeting and I was blown away at how easy it was to create!
Isn't it stunning? I mean, how can a silly little bottle cap end up looking so fantastic!
We used the images from the Collage Curios stamp set for the design. First we stamped the background in Basic Gray, then we used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to position the wreath design over the top in Basic Black. Then we stamped the tiny butterfly in the center with Real Red. Love it!
Add some Crysal Effects and a chain and you've got yourself a great piece of jewelry art!
Create Your Own Soda Pop Top Necklace
- Smash your Soda Pop Top by running it through your Big Shot between two cutting plates and placed on the Multipurpose Platform with no tabs.
- Stamp your decorative image onto card stock.
- Dab a VersaMark Ink Pad direct-to-paper style on your image, add Clear Embossing Powder to the top, and heat until smooth. This step is to prevent the image from bleeding.
- Punch out the image with a 1" Circle Punch and SNAIL to the center of the Soda Pop Top.
- Use the 1/16" Hole Punch to punch a hole in the Pop Top's outer rim.
- Add Crystal Effects to the center slowly and evenly. Use a tooth pick to pop any bubbles you see, so the surface dries smoothly. Let dry overnight. TIP: Don't shake the bottle!
- Add a jump ring and ball-chain necklace that you can pick up at most local craft stores.
I found a handy video tutorial from Jessica Taylor from Ink It Up With Jessica that will help you see the process.
Oh, we are SO making these at one of my upcoming Wow Techniques Class! Too Cool and too much fun!Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Collage Curios
- Ink—VersaMark Ink; Basic Gray, Basic Black and Real Red Classic Ink
- Paper—Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Soda Pop Tops
- Tools—Big Shot, 1" Circle Punch, 1/16" Hole Punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Crystal Effects, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Don't forget to check out all of the Sale-A-Bration items you can earn...choose one FREE item for every $50 you spend!
___________________________________________________________________Too Cool Promotion Quick Links!
- Browse Spring Catalog—Flash Player
- Shop Spring Catalog—Online Store
- Sent With Love Promotion—Now Thru April 30.
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—See what you can earn for FREE!
- MyPaperPumpkin.com—Monthly Kit Subscription
- Best of 25 Years Stamps—New stamp set each month!
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Club by Mail—Openings still available.
- Wow Techniques Class—Feb. 8, 6:30pm.
- Too Cool Demo Team Meeting—Feb. 11, 6pm
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—February 28, 6:30pm