- Retired Accessories While Supplies Last! Order Now!
- See The Complete Retired Stamps List
- 25% Off MDS Kits & Print Products—Shop Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Last night, several of my Too Cool Demo Team members got together for our bi-monthly Shoebox Swap! I absolutely adore seeing what my team members bring for us to create together. It's my favorite kind of event (and not just because I don't have to do as much work - haha! #bonus).
This month, our theme was to use the new Color Refresh Colors in a birthday card.
Designed by Vicki Hinen, Too Cool Team Member.
Team member Vicki Hinen brought a fabulous and festive birthday card and votive set featuring Pool Party and Calypso Coral.
The Pool Party card base was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot Texture Impressions Folder. We added a decorative, Calypso Coral Scallop Edge Border behind a strip of paper from the This & That Epic Day Designer Series Paper Pack.
We stamped the Create A Cupcake cupcake bottom in Gumball Green onto Gumball Green card stock, then punched with the coordinating Cupcake Builder Punch. The top of the cupcake is punched with the same Cupcake Builder Punch from Whisper White, then topped with Dazzling Diamonds glitter and a Calypso Coral flower from the retired Flower Trio Punch, but you could easily substitute the flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.
The sentiment is from the Create A Cupcake set, too, stamped in Gumball Green and punched out with the Word Window Punch. It's layered on a Modern Label Punch in Calypso Coral.
I love this! So quick and cute!
Then, Vicki surprised us by having us make this adorable battery-operated votive candle to match! It looks like a mini birthday cake! Awesome!
First, we wrapped more of the This & That Epic Day Designer Paper around the votive.
For the icing, we cut three crossing slits in the center of a Whisper White Scallop Circle punch-out with an X-Acto knife. Kind of like cutting an "X" only add another slit, making it look like a cut pizza (mmmm, pizza!). The slits create an opening that you can slide right over the candle flame for a snug fit.
After adding some Dazzling Diamonds to the top, we slid it over the flame, then adhered it to top with Multipurpose Adhesive. We added more flowers with pearl accents to coordinate with the card. Sweet!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Create A Cupcake
- Ink—Gumball Green Classic Ink
- Paper—This and That Epic Day DSP; Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Gumball Green and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Dazzling Diamonds, battery-operated votive candle
- Tools—Perfect Polka Dots Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Cupcake Builder Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Craft Knife, Multipurpose Adhesive, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
____________________________________________________________________________Promotions & New Arrivals Quick Links