►►►Use This Hostess Code When Ordering: ZPAZCMAQ◄◄◄
Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLUB: Too Cool Stamp Club—Sign Up For The Next Group!
- CLASS: Sale-A-Bration Celebration—Earn your invitation now for April 19 event!
- CLASS: TC Stamper Sampler Class—Fun Folds & Amazing Accents! RSVP by February 17.
- CLASS: Stamp-of-the-Month—Featuring Painted Petals. March 12. Register by February 25.
- Occasions Catalog PDF—New stamps, tools & accessories for the New Year!
- Sale-A-Bration Promotion—Learn how to earn FREE goodies thru March 31!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Just a reminder...
Have you checked out this week's Weekly Deals? This week you can save on the Darling Doily Thinlit, Floral Frames Framelits, From The Garden Photopolymer Bundle and more! Discounts are good through Monday, February 16, 2015.
* * * * *
Today, I'm sharing a pretty card that is super-fun & super-easy! I loved it so much that I've included a version of it in both my Fun Folds & Amazing Accents Class and my Painted Petals Stamp-of-the-Month Class! It really is Too Cool! Let's take a closer look!
CASEd from Julie Davison at JulieDavison.com.
This petite, 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" card features the lovely Painted Petals stamp set for a pretty watercolor floral focal point.
Open the cards and they pop-up into a simple diorama of the sentiment! Isn't it fantastic?! Truly Too Cool! Even better, the card folds completely flat so it fits in a standard A2 Medium Envelope and can me mailed with no problems. Love it!
Pop-Up Diorama Instructions—I copied the Pacific Point card exactly from Julie Davison's Diorama Card video tutorial, then tried it in a Rich Razzleberry version. It was so easy to put together—you won't believe how easy it is!
Here are the basics for assembly:
- Start with a 10-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of card stock.
- Score at 1/2", 3-1/2", 4" and 7" across the 10-1/2" side.
- Fold on all the score lines (fold toward the "mountain" ridge).
- Use the 2" Circle Punch to punch a window in the 3" panel that is adjacent to the 1/2" tab. The sides of the punch should line up perfectly in between the score lines. The card stock should be all the way into the punch.
- Fold the window side in and close the card front. If it doesn't lay flat, you may need to trim off a tiny sliver from the 1/2" tab.
- With the window side folded in, add Sticky Strip to the 1/2" tab.
- Peel the backing from the adhesive, then close the front of the card on top of it. Your card should now automatically pull itself into a diorama when opened.
This version featured in my Fun Folds & Amazing Accents Class.
Scalloped Tag—I punched a 2" x 4-3/4" piece of Wild Wasabi card stock with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch to create a tag element and adhered it to the card front with SNAIL.
Sweet Sentiment—I started by stamping the line of Painted Petals dots in Hello Honey across the bottom of my 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White. Then, I added the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black. TIP: Adding the sentiment first helped me position the flowers later.
Pretty Petals—Painted Petals is a two-step stamp set, and while it's available in clear-mount, wood-mount and photopolymer, I highly recommend going with the see-thru photopolymer so you can achieve perfect positioning every time. I have the clear-mount version and I wish I had ordered the photopolymer one!
I started by stamping the leaves in Wild Wasabi. Then I inked the blooms in Pacific Point and aligned it over the top.
Altered Pearls—I colored the Pearl Jewels with the darkest color of Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers to accent the flowers.
The stamped layer is mounted on a layer of 3-1/2" x 2-3/4" Hello Honey, then popped up with Dimensionals onto the card front.
Bow—I finished off the card with a bow made from Whisper White Painted Blooms Cotton Twine. Rather than tying it through the tag hole, I just used a Glue Dot.
Inside Décor—The inside of the card has a 3-1/2" x 1-1/4" piece of matching floral paper from the Painted Blooms Designer Series Paper pack. It's accented with a 3-1/2" x 1/2" strip of Hello Honey card stock.
Diorama Sentiment—I stamped the Wild Wasabi stems across the bottom of a 2-1/2" square of Whisper White card stock, then added the bitty blooms in Pacific Point on the top. The sentiment is stamped with the Memento Tuxedo Black ink above the flowers.
To adhere it inside, simply add SNAIL to the back, and insert the stamped image into the top of the diorama, holding it against the circle window. Once you have it lined up with the window, carefully drop it down to the back and burnish it down.
This version featured in my Painted Petals Stamp-of-the-Month Class.
Two Cool Card—For the second version, I started with a Rich Razzleberry card base, then added the Old Olive scallop tag with the scallops at the top this time.
I tried the trio of lines under the sentiment on this one.
Two-Tone Blooms—The Painted Blooms DSP that I used on the inside has two-tone flowers, so I mimicked that look on my focal point. I inked the blooms in Rich Razzleberry ink, then used a Blackberry Bliss Marker to add a darker color to the centers of the flowers (on the rubber) before stamping. I love how it turned out! The leaves are stamped in Old Olive. I liked plain white Pearls on this one.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Painted Petals (wood, clear, photopolymer)
- Ink—Memento Tuxedo Black Ink; Pacific Point & Wild Wasabi (card #1), Rich Razzleberry & Old Olive (card #2), Hello Honey Classic Ink; Daffodil Delight Blendabilities Markers; Blackberry Bliss Stampin' Write Marker
- Paper—Pacific Point (card #1), Rich Razzleberry (card #2), Hello Honey & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, Whisper White Painted Blooms Cotton Twine
- Tools—2" Circle Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Sticky Strip, Glue Dot, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Hope your day is Too Cool!
Stamper Sampler: Fun Folds & Amazing Accents Class—February 18, 2015
Complete details. Register by February 17.
Stamp-of-the-Month: Painted Petals Class—March 12, 2015
Complete details. Register by February 25.
Check out all of the exclusive Sale-A-Bration items you can earn for FREE this year! Browse the Sale-A-Bration Brochure PDF.
Sale-A-Brate Now...To Celebrate Later!
I'll be hosting a very special event after Sale-A-Bration where I spoil you! It's a Sale-A-Bration Celebration! We'll have make & takes, gifts, prizes, specials, refreshments and more! Mark your calendars for Sunday, April 19!
Simply participate in the Sale-A-Bration promotion by spending a total of $150, hosting a $150 workshop, or purchasing a Starter Kit before March 31, 2015. See complete details, including online To-Go options!
Stampin' Quick Links