- Retired Accessories While Supplies Last! Order Now!
- See The Complete Retired Stamps List
- 25% Off MDS Kits & Print Products—Shop Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
We're approaching the popular time of year for weddings and baby showers, so the recently released Best of Brides & Babies couldn't have come at better time! Last week, I finished up my three cards that I sent to my "Best of 25 Years" Club members featuring this versatile set and I'll show you the first one today.
The Best of Brides & Babies set is available in clear-mount only (#133482) for $14.95 from now until April 30, 2014. The anniversary image with the two birds is a brand new image, and all of the other images are popular designs from the past 25 years.
Order the Best of Brides & Babies set from my Online Store!
Here is the first card my club members will get to make!
I chose a black & white color scheme that I thought added some elegance to the slightly whimsical image of the bride & groom.
The 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White background was texture embossed with the soon-to-retire Vintage Wallpaper Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" mat of Basic Black. I tied the gorgeous, and very bride-like, White Organza Ribbon around that layer before adhering to the Whisper White card base.
The image was stamped in Black StazOn ink on Whisper White, then die-cut with the Ovals Collection Framelits. The oval is layered on a Labels Collection Framelits die-cut in black and accented with Pearl Jewels.
I colored the image with Classic Ink Pads and Blender Pens using More Mustard for her hair, Soft Suede for his hair, Blushing Bride for their skin and flowers, and the new Smoky Slate for his suit.
To make her dress and veil sparkle, I drew a bunch of loops with the 2-Way Glue Pen, then sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds. It's the glitter than truly makes this card. (Isn't it always?!)
My horizontal version uses the same elements, I just colored and glittered the image differently.
I used the same inks for the hair, but colored the flowers in Island Indigo and his suit in a darker Basic Gray color.
Instead of drawing loops for the glitter, I drew lines to give the illusion of a flowing dress and veil.
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Best of Brides & Babies
- Ink—StazOn Black; Blender Pens; More Mustard (retiring), Soft Suede, Blushing Bride (coming soon), Smoky Slate (coming soon), Island Indigo, and Basic Gray Classic Ink
- Paper—Basic Black and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds, White Organza Ribbon, Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Ovals Collection Framelits, Labels Collection Framelits, Vintage Wallpaper Texture Impressions Folder (retiring), Big Shot, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Look for more cards from the Best of Brides & Babies set coming soon!
____________________________________________________________________Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—May 30
- Demo Team Meeting—June 10
- Wow Techniques Class—June 14
Promotions & New Arrivals Quick Links