Wow Techniques Class—Coming This Friday!The new monthly Wow Techniques Class is perfect for stampers who are interested in building on the basics! If you're a stamping enthusiast who wants to try out the latest and greatest products and techniques, this is the class for you!
- When: 2nd Friday of the month at 6:30pm
- Where: Angie's Too Cool Stamping Studio, SW Fort Wayne, IN
- What: Create 2-3 "wow" projects, focusing on cards, but also including 3D items.
- Cost: $15 per class, or it's FREE when you place an order at the event.* It's also FREE to Stamp Club members!
*Minimum order is $25. Stamp Club orders qualify. Other club, class, and workshop orders do not qualify.
Space is limited and my Stamp Club members get priority seating!
Contact me today to reserve your spot before Thursday, November 8 at 5pm!
Attend The Wow Techniques Class FREE!
My Stamp Club members attend the monthly Wow Techniques Class for FREE! Learn more about becoming a Stamp Club member. I'm currently looking for new members to start in December!
Stamp With Your Texture Embossing Folders!
Today's card design is one of the projects we'll be creating at this week's Wow Techniques Class! The technique is Texture Stamping with Embossing Folders.
CASEd from Dawn Olchefske at DO Stamping.
The cards feature stamping with the Lacy Brocade Texture Impressions Folder, and also feature the beautiful images from Watercolor Winter.
Look at the lovely texture on this tone-on-tone card! I love it! I started with a Crumb Cake card base, then added the stamped background.
Here is a close-up of the stamped background. It's super-easy to achieve this look, too!
Make Your Own Texture Stamped Background
- Use a soft rubber brayer to brayer ink onto the "logo" side of your texture embossing folder. You want it to have a lot of ink. TIP: If you have the new Firm Foam Ink Pads, you'll get better coverage by directly dabbing and pressing the ink pad onto the folder (careful, rubbing the pad may ruin it's surface).
- Lay your card stock on the opposite side of the folder.
- Flip the folder closed, then use a non-inked brayer to firmly burnish the entire folder to transfer the ink onto the card stock.
So pretty! (click to enlarge)
I decorated the card with four 1-1/4" Square Punch blocks. Each square is punched from Crumb Cake card stock, and all the edges were sponged with Early Espresso ink. The pine and pine cone images were colored with Always Artichoke and Early Espresso Markers before stamping. Then, they were "frosted" with a 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Greetings of the Season sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso.
The background of the card is wrapped with Crumb Cake Seam Binding, then I added a Seam Binding bow to the top with a Glue Dot.
Come to the Wow Techniques Class and try this fun Texture Stamping technique out for yourself!Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Watercolor Winter, Greetings of the Season
- Ink—Always Artichoke and Early Espresso Markers; Soft Suede and Early Espresso Classic Ink
- Paper—Crumb Cake card stock
- Accessories—Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Dazzling Diamonds
- Tools—Lacy Brocade Impressions Folder, Sponges, Brayer, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Glue Dots, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
You can find all the supplies to create these projects and more at my Online Store!