- Retired Accessories While Supplies Last! Order Now!
- See The Complete Retired Stamps List
- 25% Off MDS Kits & Print Products—Shop Now!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today's birthday card project, courtesy of Kathe Madsen, is the last one from our Too Cool Demo Team shoebox swap featuring the new Color Refresh colors.
I've shared birthday cards all week, so be sure to check out my other posts: Make A Wish Card, Vellum Swallowtail Birthday, Blue Ribbon Birthday, Gingham Garden Candy Cake, Cupcake Card & Votive, and Mosaic Madness Birthday!
Kathe's card uses the Emboss Resist technique and features a combination of several of the new Color Refresh colors: Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Calypso Coral and the new Smoky Slate!
The card base is the Smoky Slate color, which is a pretty, light gray. This is going to be a fantastic new neutral...can't wait to pair it with other colors!
The background of the card is so spectacular! I love the Emboss Resist technique, but Kathe had us take it one step further! First we inked up the En Francais background stamp with VersaMark Ink and stamped that on our 3-3/4" x 5" Whisper White card stock. Then, we stamped the bold flower stamp from Secret Garden randomly over the top, also in VersaMark Ink. I had never tried stamping multiple image layers before embossing—cool! We sprinkled it all with Clear Embossing Powder and embossed it with the Heat Tool.
Next, we sponged on Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral inks randomly over the entire piece to bring out the clear image. I never get tired of watching the image appear as more ink is applied!
We stamped more Secret Garden flowers in Calypso Coral onto Whisper White and die-cut them with the coordinating Secret Garden Framelits. We topped them with Pearl Jewels.
Last Chance Reminder—Bundle It! Order the Secret Garden Bundle of stamps and framelits and it's 15% off, but only in the Spring Catalog thru May 31! Although the stamps and framelits will be in the new catalog, the discounted bundle is NOT...save when you order the Secret Garden Bundle now!
The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Banners, which we stamped in VersaMark onto Wisteria Wonder card stock and embossed with White Embossing Powder. The Bitty Banners Framelits makes cutting that out easy, as well!
Thanks so much for the awesome card, Kathe!
Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Secret Garden or Secret Garden Bundle, Itty Bitty Banners, En Francais
- Ink—VersaMark; Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral Classic Ink
- Paper—Smoky Slate (available May 31), Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Secret Garden Framelits or Secret Garden Bundle, Bitty Banners Framelits, Big Shot, Clear Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Sponges, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
That does it for our birthday card swap projects! I hope you've enjoyed seeing some of the new Color Refresh colors in action!
____________________________________________________________________Events—Mark Your Calendars!
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Class—May 30
- Demo Team Meeting—June 10
- Wow Techniques Class—June 14
Promotions & New Arrivals Quick Links