- View NEW Annual Online Catalog (Flash)
- View NEW Annual Catalog PDF
- 25% Off Digital MDS—Thru June 15
- Grab Your Greetings—25% off three popular sentiment stamp sets: Sassy Salutations, Sweet Essentials, and Petite Pairs! Thru June 30
Hi Stamping Friends!
I had to share a beautiful card that Too Cool Team member Michelle Hoover created recently...definitely a Wow!
CASEd from Amy Koenders at Stamp With Amy K.
I think this card is simply gorgeous! I love the color combination of Early Espresso and Melon Mambo. I never would have tried that on my own, but it is so elegant! See it featured at Michelle's blog: Hoover's Dam Stamping.
Michelle used an Early Espresso card base, and layered on a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White, embossed with the Framed Tulips Folder, on the front.
The Early Espresso oval layer is created with the large, scallop die from the Ovals Collection Framelits, texture embossed with the Lacy Brocade Folder (now retired, but you could use the new Beautifully Baroque). It's layered with Melon Mambo Designer Series Paper from the Brights DSP Stack.
Don't Miss It! By the way, the Designer Series Paper Stacks have all been updated for the Color Refresh and restyled with new patterns! Here's a sample (click to enlarge).
Michelle used the Dress Up Framelits to die-cut a Soft Suede dress stand, and an Early Espresso dress. It's the lovely flower from the Blooming With Kindness set that makes the pretty floral pattern on the dress. She used Double Embossing to geive it a two-tone look.
Double-Embossing: She stamped the image in VersaMark Ink, then sprinkled a little Melon Mambo Embossing Powder on the center. After tapping off the excess, she sprinkled White Embossing Powder around the edges.
TIP: Tap off the remaining powder in a separate container just in case you have a mixture of Melon Mambo and White colors coming off. You wouldn't want to contaminate your entire White Embossing Powder container.
Heat with the Heat Tool until smooth and glossy.
The little Melon Mambo cropped sweater is fabulous! Just die-cut the sleeved dress and cut as desired. Pearl Jewels provide the perfect finishing touches as the buttons and necklace!Complete Supply List:
- Stamps—Blooming With Kindness, Friendly Phrases MDS download
- Ink—VersaMark; Early Espresso and Melon Mambo Markers
- Paper—Brights DSP Stack; Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Melon Mambo and Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Pearl Jewels, White Embossing Powder, Melon Mambo Embossing Powder
- Tools—Dress Up Framelits, Framed Tulips Texture Impressions Folder, Lacy Brocade Texture Impressions Folder (retired, try Beautifully Baroque), Ovals Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks for letting me sharing this amazing card, Michelle!
You can see more of Michelle Hoover's creations at her blog: Hoover's Dam Stamping.