Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- 5 Ways To Get A FREE Catalog—Request Yours Today
- Stamper Sampler—Masculine Stamp-a-Stack!
- "Help Me Get On That Ship" Special—FREE gift with online order thru June 29.
- Big BOGO & Card Buffet—Buy one retired item, get one NEW item FREE! June 28.
- Starter Kit Promotion—Join & receive Two FREE Stamp Sets. June 2-30.
- In Color Club Group #2—A budget-friendly way to collect the new In Color supplies!
- Paper Share & Stacks Share—Try all the new papers at a great value!
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
Today, I'm sharing another one of the card designs we'll be creating at my Stamper Sampler Masculine Card Stamp-a-Stack tomorrow! Let me know by today, Tuesday, at 5pm, if you'd like to attend. Class-to-Go kits are available!
But first, I have announcements!
Congratulations Wishlist Contest Winners!
- Laura Heide—$50 Shopping Spree!
- Barb Branstein—Your Choice 6x6" Designer Series Paper Stack
- Debbie Bittner—Your Choice 1" Dotted Lace Trim
- Donna Schnees—Your Choice Metallic Foil Doilies or Sketched Dots Gift Bags
It's Tuesday, which means it's time for new Weekly Deals! This week, save on Circle Card Thinlit, Sweetheart Punch, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon and more! Special prices are good through Monday, June 22 only.
Wednesday's Masculine Card Stamp-a-Stack features three cards with today's fun card design! I love how these cards turned out! They feature a modified (quicker) version of my very own Faux Patina technique! Let's take a closer look!
Glenda Caukins at The Stamp Camp.
Background Basics—I started with a 4" x 5-1/4" Crumb Cake layer adhered to a Night of Navy card base.
Modified Faux Patina—For the textured layer, I simplified my original Faux Patina Technique for a modified, quicker version. Here's what I did:
- I started with a 4" x 3" piece of Lost Lagoon card stock.
- Emboss the piece with an intricate pattern Embossing Folder. I used Zig Zag here.
- Sponge on Pool Party ink.
- Sponge on Night of Navy ink to bring out the textured details.
- Allow to dry or dry with the Heat Tool.
- Stamp Gorgeous Grunge splatters with VersaMark ink.
- Emboss splatters with Gold Embossing Powder.
This modified version isn't as rich and "patina-like" as my original technique, but it's a nice effect that is very similar and much faster!
Focal Point & Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Guy Greetings image and sentiment in Memento Black ink onto a 2-3/4" square of Crumb Cake card stock. Clean & simple! It's layered onto a 2-7/8" square of Gold Foil, then onto a 3-1/4" square of Night of Navy. The whole focal point is popped up with Dimensionals, of course!
Two Cool—I think Guy Greetings may be the BEST, most versatile masculine stamp set...EVER! I love the classy, classic images and I love that there are greetings & phrases for every "guy" occasion!
I tried out a different combination of images for this second version. And, I used the Chevron Texture Impressions Folder on this card.
Three Cool—The last horizontal version is embossed with the Arrows Folder, and I used the stripes from Gorgeous Grunge for the gold embossed accents.
I tried another fun combination of Guy Greeting images on this one...love it!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Guy Greetings (clear, wood, photopolymer), Gorgeous Grunge (clear, wood)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; VersaMark; Pool Party & Night of Navy Classic Ink
- Paper—Gold Foil; Night of Navy, Crumb Cake & Lost Lagoon card stock
- Accessories—Gold Embossing Powder
- Tools—Chevron Texture Impressions Folder, Zig Zag Texture Impressions Folder, Arrows Texture Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Sponges, Heat Tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
- Browse the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog PDF
- Shop the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog Online
- Watch NEW Products Videos
Now thru June 30, purchase a $99 Starter Kit and select TWO FREE stamps sets! See complete details.