I love finding new ways to use tools, especially when they are new tools like the Label Framelits dies!
CASEd from and inspired by Patty Bennett at Patty's Stamping Spot
Check out these Two Cool cards with a fancy top border that looks like an archway! It's so easy to create with the Labels Framelits dies. (I've shown how to do it below.)
Card Details: The flower stamps are from Mixed Bunch, inked in Poppy Parade and punched with the Blossom Punch. Flower centers are from the same set, inked in Pool Party and punched with the 1" Circle Punch and topped with an Everyday Enchantment Brad. I added some Lucky Limeade leaves to card #1 that were also punched with the Blossom Punch.
Sentiments are from Sale-A-Bration stamp sets: Sprinkled Expressions and Elementary Elegance respectively, both punched with the Curly Label Punch. I added the hand-cut butterfly and key from the Elementary Elegance set for a little more detail. Love those cute little images!
The background has Everyday Enchantment Designer Series paper and is tied with either Calypso Coral or Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.
Fancy Framelit Border How-To
My card stock was cut to 4" x 5-1/4" and 4" was the perfect width to slide into the largest Labels Framelit. Notice how only one side is actually under the die-cutting edge, and the other is threaded through the die and lying on top, since you only want to cut one side.
TIP: When you run it through the Big Shot, only send your die through half way, then back that thing up! This will eliminate unwanted embossed marks on the bottom part of your card stock.
Try experimenting with this idea to create other fancy borders...
These samples use the long edge of the largest Label Framelit to cut either the long or short side of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of card stock.
I used the same size card stock here, but tried the next smallest Label die. See how you can achieve different edges depending on how wide your card stock is and which size Label die you choose? Too Cool!
- Stamps—Mixed Bunch, Sprinkled Expressions (card #1, SAB selection), Elementary Elegance (SAB selection)
- Ink—Poppy Parade, Pool Party Classic Ink
- Paper—Everyday Enchantment DSP (SAB selection) Poppy Parade, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade (card #1), Very Vanilla card stock
- Accessories—Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (SAB selection)
- Tools—Labels Framelits, Blossom Punch, Curly Label Punch, Jewelry Tag Punch (card #2), Crop-a-Dile, Dimensionals, SNAIL
See all Sale-A-Bration (SAB) selections in the Sale-A-Bration Flyer PDF.
Shop online for these and more new products from the Occasions Mini Catalog!
* * * * *
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50—For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $150 and earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Tote. Host a workshop of $400, earn a FREE Sale-A-Bration Bundle. All this, plus the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive $50 off your Starter Kit! Plus, receive FREE Designer Series Paper or digital download EVERY month for the rest of 2012! Sign up today!