Happy Valentine's Day! Today's project wasn't made to be a Valentine, but it could be used as one. It's certainly filled with "amour!"
I'm absolutely loving the patina technique and the baja/suede color combination, so please indulge me as I show you one more version that I created as a birthday card for my niece, Amanda...
Ooo La La! I can't get enough of it! I think it's simply gorgeous! Look at the pretty details (click to enlarge)...
- The Soft Suede card base is sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Mist Spray before starting for a beautiful shimmery finish.
- The image from Notably Ornate is stamped in Soft Suede.
- I did the Faux Patina technique on Very Vanilla card stock with the Vintage Wallpaper Impressions Folder, then sponged with Champagne Shimmer Paint over the entire piece. It was then layered on a Very Vanilla Dotted Scallop Border.
- The Victoria Crochet Trim is scrunched and adhered over a line of Sticky Strip.
- The Eiffel Tower from Artistic Etchings is stamped in VersaMark, then embossed with Gold Powder and cut out.
- The Very Vanilla 2-1/2" Circle punch is stamped with En Francais that was inked with Baja Breeze, sponged with Soft Suede, and adorned with mini Basic Pearls.
- "Amour" is stamped in Soft Suede, punched with the Modern Label Punch, and sponged with Baja Breeze.
- The satin Rosette is colored with a Baja Breeze Marker, accented with a Basic Pearl, and adhered with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
This card is perfect for Amanda because she spent nearly six months in France last year, and she loved it so much that I'm sure she'll return sometime after she graduates from Indiana University this May.
Here is a picture of her while she was in France!
I can't believe that she is all grown up into an amazing young lady! *sniff*
Love you, MandaPanda!
3 Easy Ways To Earn FREE Products!
- Spend $50 —For every $50 order, you can select one FREE Sale-A-Bration product of your choice! Order Online now!
- Host A Workshop—Host a workshop of at least $300 and earn fone FREE Sale-A-Bration item of your choice, in addition to the generous hostess benefits! Contact me today!
- Join Stampin' Up!—Become a demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, and receive 15% off your Starter Kit! Plus, get a bonus product bundle filled with more than $50 in FREE products! The Bonus Bundle includes a Color Coach, any Simply Sent Kit, any Simply Sent stamp, and any $16.95 punch! Learn about all the benefits of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, then sign up today!