Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- CLASS: Stamper Sampler—Featuring Sheer Perfection Vellum. April 22.
- CLASS: "Last Thursdays" Card Class—April 30
- SPECIAL: Butterfly Thinlits—Save on Butterfly Thinlits thru April 30, 2015
- Retired List (sortable Excell file)—See which items are going on June 2.
- Occasions Catalog—Spring items available thru June 2, 2015
- SPECIAL: Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
So did you have trouble getting to the Online Store yesterday? I think we crashed the website for awhile because of our race to see the Retired Lists! Stampin' Up! has assured us that the website is back up now and ready for business!
There are already lots of sold out merchandise! You can see what is sold out by looking for the "X" on the right column of the Retired List. When it comes to retiring accessories, don't wait! Get what you want before it's gone!
With all the excitement about the Retired Lists being announced yesterday, I completely forgot to mention that the new Weekly Deals were also available! This week, save on the Ornate Tag Topper Punch, the Label Card Thinlits, Handpicked Framelits and more! Special prices are good thru Monday, April 27, 2015.
On Sunday, I shared the projects from my Sale-a-Bration Celebration, but I wanted to give more details for one of the projects...the Fry Box Caddy! I love this cute little box! Let's take a closer look at how you make it!
CASEd from Lyssa Zwonlek at Song of My Heart Stampers.
Two Cool—I did a second version of the box, of course, in some of my favorite colors! This time, I started with Bermuda Bay Fry Boxes and decorated the sides with 2-1/2" Birthday Bash Designer Series Paper.
Fry Box Caddy How-To
- Die-cut two box bases with the Fry Box Bigz Die.
- Flip the bases so that they are back-to-back. In other words, look for the "valley" score lines to be showing, with the reverse sides back-to-back.
- Punch a handle hole through both layers using the Extra-Large Oval Punch. Leave about a 1/2" wide handle along the top edge of the box. We put the bases back-to-back so that the holes will line up perfectly when they are assembled.
- Fold on the score lines. The "valley" score lines are the outside of the box.
- Add Sticky Strip to the edges of the front tabs, as shown in the photo above.
- Flip the base over and on one base, add Sticky Strip down the center between the handle and the box bottom.
- Add Sticky Strip along the top of the handle. You'll have to kind of "pleat" the tape in order to apply it around the curve. The red liner will still peel off easily.
- Assemble the two boxes. TIP: I found it easiest to secure the box flaps by setting the box on the table and making the flaps flush with the table.
- Adhere the boxes back-to-back, making sure they line up flush at the sides that will be decorated.
Blooming Blossom—I punched two Fun Flowers from Soft Sky card stock and layered them with Dimensionals. The center of the flower is a 7/8" Circle Punch of Blackberry Bliss adhered with SNAIL and a 1/2" Circle Punch of Silver Glimmer Paper attached with Glue Dots.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the Flower Patch greeting in Blackberry Bliss onto Whisper White card stock and die-cut the Circle Card Thinlits banner die. It's popped up with Dimensionals and accented with two Rhinestone Jewels.
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Flower Patch photopolymer
- Ink—Blackberry Classic Ink
- Paper—Birthday Bash DSP; Silver Glimmer Paper; Bermuda Bay, Soft Sky, Blackberry Bliss & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Fry Box Bigz Die, Circle Card Thinlits, Big Shot, Fun Flower Punch, 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
Thanks to Lyssa Zwolanek for sharing this awesome idea!
Stampin' Quick Links