- Browse Holiday Catalog—Shop Holiday Catalog online!
- Special Offers Week #1—Select items at 25% off!
- Paper Pumpkin BOGO—Buy 1, Get 2nd Month FREE thru October 10!
- NEW Exclusive Thoughtful Branches Bundle—Limited, while supplies last only.
- Browse The 2016 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Clearance Rack—Retired merchandise up to 60% off!
- Oct Countdown To Christmas—Featuring Cookie Cutter Christmas. Rescheduled to Oct. 2
- October Stamp-of-the-Month Kit—Featuring Paisleys & Posies. Details TBA.
- "Last Thursdays" Monthly Card Class—September 29, 6:30pm
Hi Stamping Friends!
I'm so excited to feature some adorable Cookie Cutter Halloween treats with you today, courtesy of Jodi Geers! This is the stamp set that coordinates with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and features adorable fall characters! If you purchase my Cookie Cutter Christmas Class, you can add on this fun set for only $17 even (FREE shipping & no tax)!
LAST CALL—TODAY is the FINAL DAY to register for my Cookie Cutter Christmas Class! If you haven't yet signed up for the local October 2 class or the Class-To-Go Kit, here are links to the details:
Countdown To Christmas Class Series
Let Me Help You Make Holiday Cards This Year! Just Stamp & Assemble!
October Features Cookie Cutter Christmas! Local Class or Class-To-Go Kits!
Create 12 cards, 4 each of 3 designs! Class kit includes the stamp set, card supplies, printable instructions, and exclusive access to my NEW Too Cool Class Tips Videos for each class!See Complete Cookie Cutter Christmas Class Details!
Jodi's treats were inspired by Ronda Wade at Stamp With Ronda.
Jodi's Cookie Cutter Halloween Treats
Jodi created these super-cute scarecrow treat holders with the help of the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set. Each one holds a fun-size Hershey's chocolate bar. Wouldn't they be a fun treat to stick in the bags of your special trick-or-treaters? They also make a fun little favor for Halloween parties, or as a festive gift for friends & co-workers! Love them!
Jodi recently shared a step-by-step pictorial with our Too Cool team, and was kind enough to allow me to share it with you! You can find those instructions below. First, let's see a few of these treat pouches up close!
Smiling Scarecrow—The first project starts with a Pumpkin Pie pouch, with Halloween Night Designer Series Paper banners measuring 1" x 3-1/2" and 1" x 2-3/4". The Cookie Cutter Halloween scarecrow was stamped in Archival Black Ink, then colored in with a Blender Pen and Classic Inks: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Daffodil Delight and Crumb Cake. He's punched with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and popped up with Dimensionals. The crow image was also stamped in black, hand-cut and popped up with Dimensionals. She trimmed the treat holder with a double-bow made from the Halloween Night Baker's Twine, adhered with a Glue Dot.
Dapper Dracula—Jodi's second project starts with a Old Olive holder, decorated with the bats Hallween Night Washi Tape and Halloween Night Designer Series Paper banners. The Cookie Cutter Halloween dracula was stamped in Archival Black Ink, then colored in with Old Olive, Smoky Slate and Crushed Curry. She added a Smoky Slate bow-tie, stamped from the Cookie Cutter Christmas set and punched with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. You can't see it well in this photo, but she added a Black Baker's Twine double-bow at the top with a Glue Dot. Finally, she added some bats, die-cut with the Halloween Scene Edgelits, to match the bat patterned DSP.
Marvelous Mummy—Jodi's last version featured the Cookie Cutter Halloween mummy stamped in Smoky Slate ink. He's holding a Smoky Slate treat bag, also from the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set, and colored with Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie and Real Red. They are popped up on a Smoky Slate treat holder with similar DSP banners. Like the dracula treat, this one has a Halloween Scene Edgelit bat and Black Baker's Twine bow.
Create Your Own Mini Halloween Treat Pouch—Pictorial courtesy of Jodi Geers.
- Start with a 6-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base.
- Using the Simply Scored Tool along the 6-1/2" side, score at 1-3/4", 2-1/4", 2-3/4", 4-1/2", 5", and 5-1/2".
- Score along the 4-1/4" side at 1/2".
- Cut & remove the areas shown above.
- Fold on the score lines either back to make a mountain, or forward to make a valley. From left to right, folds should be valley, mountain, valley, valley, mountain, valley, as shown.
- Your folds should look like this.
- Turn the sheet over. Add Tear & Tape Adhesive to the smaller outside panel, so it covers the whole panel. You can add SNAIL adhesive between the tape for a more secure hold.
- Add Tear & Tape Adhesive along the bottom only of the larger outside panel. This will eventually adhere the fold-up tab at the bottom of the pouch.
- The middle panel is the one that will be decorated.
- Assemble the treat pouch by adhering the larger outside panel over the top of the smaller outside panel.
- Finish by adhering the bottom flap to the back of the pouch.
- Decorate & fill with a fun-size candy bar.
Christmas Reindeer—Jodi got the idea for this fun pouch at Ronda Wade's Creative Convention, where they created the Cookie Cutter Christmas reindeer treat holder, shown above. This version features a Cherry Cobbler base, stapled closed, with the bottom flap folded toward the front. It's decorated with This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread and a Mini Jingle Bell. What a fun stocking stuffer!
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru. Not all supplies are used for every project shown.
- Stamps—Cookie Cutter Halloween (clear, wood), Cookie Cutter Christmas (photopolymer) OR Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Crushed Curry, Delightful Daffodil, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Smoky Slate
- Paper—Halloween Night Specialty DSP; Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate, Whisper White
- Accessories—Halloween Night Baker's Twine, Black Baker's Twine, Halloween Night Washi Tape, Mini Jingle Bells, Burlap Ribbon, Linen Thread
- Tools—Halloween Scene Edgelits, Big Shot, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch OR Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle (photopolymer), Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Paper Snips, Blender Pens, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
If you love these cute characters as much as I do, you'll definitely want to get the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set along with your Cookie Cutter Christmas class! Registration ends today, so contact me now to sign up!
Thank you so much to Too Cool team member Jodi Geers for sharing her amazing Cookie Cutter Halloween treats and pictorial! I can't wait to create some of my own treats!
Until next time,
Buy One, Get One FREE Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kits
August 11 thru October 10, 2016 • Subscribe Today!