Current Classes & Special Promotions!
- Browse The 2015 Catalog—See the latest products!
- Stamper Sampler Class—August 13. Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack.
- Upcoming Class Dates Announced—New schedule, plus Countdown To Christmas dates.
- Super Stamping Saturday—Postponed. Will be rescheduled in August.
- 50% Off First 2 Months of Paper Pumpkin—Subscribe at PaperPumpkin.com using code: HALFOFF
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
Hi Stamping Friends!
First, don't forget that today is the LAST DAY to sign up for the Sympathy Card Stamp-a-Stack!
Today, I'm so excited to share my first Holiday Catalog sneak peek project featuring several new products for autumn! The Holiday Catalog officially begins on September 1 and it's loaded with seasonal & festive stamps, papers, embellishments and a fabulous selection of bundles!
Would You Like A Holiday Catalog? If you would like a Holiday Catalog, and you are not already purchasing from another demonstrator, I would be happy to send you a catalog! Simply request one!
* * * * *
Have you checked out the new Weekly Deals for this week? Save on the awesome Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Mini Clothespins, In Color Washi Tape, Classic Very Vanilla Buttons and more! Prices are discounted thru August 17, 2015.
* * * * *
Inspired by Dannie Graves at Dannie's Designs.
Acorny Into The Woods Gift Bag Treat Holders
I created these adorable autumn projects as table gifts for my Too Cool Team meeting this week. I just love how they turned out and best of all, they feature 4 brand new products from the Holiday Catalog!
Gift Bag Punch Board Basics—I purchased the Gift Bag Punch Board as soon as it was available in the Annual Catalog, but this is the first project I've created with it. I have to admit, it seemed a little intimidating at first, but once I got through it step-by-step, I realized that it wasn't as difficult as I was making it out to be.
Learn How! The Gift Bag Punch Board Video shows how to create traditional gift bags with this handy tool!
Gift Bag With Topper—These treat holders are also created with the Gift Bag Punch Board, but they are two-part bags with a base and a topper. They remind me of the Fancy Favor Treat Holders that I've made in the past.
Adjustable Treat Bags—I love how the topper can be adjusted to hold more contents! I've pictured them here with the topper pulled up all the way, pushed down half way, and pushed down all the way. It's like three sizes of boxes in one!
I've detailed the directions at the bottom of this post, but first let's take a closer look at the sneak peeks!
SNEAK PEEK #1—The toppers are all created with the new Into The Woods Designer Series Paper! It's designed with traditional fall colors and each pattern is sprinkled with pretty leaves and acorns. I've featured three of my favorite patterns on these bags! The box base is in Mossy Meadow.
SNEAK PEEK #2—The topper is secured with the new Into The Woods 3/8" Cotton Ribbon in Rich Razzleberry! This is a thick, yet soft and pliable ribbon that is easy to tie into knots and bows. It's thin enough to be able to use on cards, and wide enough to tie around small boxes and packaging.
SNEAK PEEK #3—I decorated the bags with this super-cute acorn medallion created with the Acorny Thank You photopolymer stamp set. The set comes with 3 acorn images and 4 acorn caps, so I had fun mixing & matching different patterns and colors on my bags! This acorn is stamped in Old Olive and Soft Suede.
SNEAK PEEK #4—Stampin' Up! is offering the Acorny Thank You in a bundle with the new Acorn Builder Punch, so no fussy-cutting is necessary! Woohoo!
Medallion Details—I punched a 2-1/2" Circle in Rich Razzleberry for the medallion base, then added a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle in Crushed Curry and a 1-3/4" Circle in Whisper White. I went crazy with the Dimensionals—all layers are popped up, except the Whisper White circle. I added one Rhinestone Jewel for eye-catching sparkle.
Sweet Sentiment—The greeting is from the Acorny Thank You set, stamped in Rich Razzleberry and punched with the Word Window Punch. It's popped up, too!
Two Cool—Here's another version with a Crushed Curry base, a different Into The Woods DSP design and different Acorny Thank You acorn patterns.
Three Cool—Here's another combination with a Tangelo Twist base, my favorite Into The Woods paper, and another acorn duo.
I made 18 table gifts and I think they are all different combinations! I was a mixin' & matchin' fool!
Gift Bag Treat Holders With Topper How-Tos
You can see an awesome video on how to assemble this treat holder by Dannie Graves: Gift Bag With Topper Video. Her projects feature the gorgeous English Garden DSP, so it's a must-see!
Here are all of the measurements to get you started:
Gift Bag Base:
- Start with a 5" x 10" piece of card stock to create a medium size bag.
- Follow the directions on your Gift Bag Punch Board for scoring the medium size bag.
- Trim the tab edges diagonally.
- Fold on the score lines, keeping in mind that the gusset folds inward.
- Adhere the base with Tear & Adhesive Tape.
Gift Bag Topper: I love that you can bring the colors and patterns to the treat holder without using much DSP. You can get three toppers out of a 12"x x12" sheet.
- Start with a 3-1/2" x 11" piece of DSP.
- Score along the 11" side at the 3-1/4", 4-1/4", 5-1/4", 8-1/2", 9-1/2", and 10-1/2" marks.
- Punch holes along the top with the Gift Bag Punch Board. You'll punch at every score line, except the ones that are the centers of the gusset.
Complete Supplies List—Holiday Catalog links will be "live" on September 1, 2015.
- Stamps—Acorny Thank You (photopolymer) OR Acorny Thank You Bundle
- Ink—Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Into The Woods DSP; Crushed Curry, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Tangelo Twist & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Rhinestone Jewels, 3/8" Into The Woods Cotton Ribbon
- Tools—Gift Bag Punch Board, Acorn Builder Punch OR Acorny Thank You Bundle, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create these projects & more at my Online Store!
* * * * *
I'd Love To Hear From You! What do you think of the new Sneak Peek items? Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Thursday, August 13, 2015, at 6:30pm. Class-To-Go Kits Available!
Create a stack of 12 sympathy cards, 3 each of 4 different styles!