- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
Hi Stamping Friends,
I have a couple additional cards from the Too Cool team swap last month, each using one of my favorite sets from the Occasions Catalog, Birthday Blooms. Let's take a closer look...
Created by Jodi Geers at Polka Dot Stamper.
#1) Blushing Birthday Blooms Watercolor Wash Card
Jodi Geers created a lovely card with a simple watercolor wash technique and lots of fun details!
Background Basics—She started by layering a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of striped Basic Black paper from the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack onto a Crumb Cake card base.
Watercolor Wash—Next, Jodi stamped the beautiful Birthday Bloom flower in Archival Black Ink onto a 4" x 4" piece of the retiring Typeset DSP. To highlight it, she brushed on some Blushing Bride ink over the entire image with an Aqua Painter. So pretty!
After it was completely dry, she layered it over two 4" x 1/2" strips of Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper at the top and the bottom.
Sweet Sentiment—The Birthday Blooms greeting is stamped in Blushing Bride ink onto Whisper White card stock, then punched with the now sold-out Washi Label Punch.
Finishing Touch—Jodi finished the card by adding three Blushing Bride sequins, and a Linen Thread bow, all adhered with Glue Dots.
#1) Watercolor Wash Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Birthday Blooms (clear, wood)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—retiring Typeset DSP; Neutrals DSP Stack; Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper; Crumb Cake & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Blushing Bride Sequin Trim, Linen Thread
- Tools—sold out Washi Label Punch, Aqua Painters, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Created by Michelle Hoover at Hoover's Dam Stamping.
#2) Birthday Blooms Watermelon Watercolor Card
Michelle Hoover created a beautiful swap card using the same Birthday Blooms stamp set, along with some detailed watercoloring.
Background Stamping—She began her card by stamping the Birthday Blooms flower image in Archival Black Ink onto a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock. She used an Aqua Painter to add Calypso Coral, Watermelon Wonder, Old Olive & Mossy Meadow watercoloring to the image.
Background Layering—Next, she die-cut an oval window from a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of retiring Birthday Bouquet Designer Series Paper with the retiring Oval Collection Framelits. After adhering it with SNAIL over the stamped layer, Michelle wrapped a strip of retiring Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Ribbon around the bottom, securing the ends around the back with SNAIL. It's all adhered to a Watermelon Wonder card base.
Spotlighted Bloom—Michelle stamped the Birthday Blooms image a second time in Archival Black Ink onto Whisper White. Once again, she colored it with Calypso Coral & Old Olive, with shading in Watermelon Wonder & Mossy Meadow inks. Then, she used those super-sharp Paper Snips to hand-cut the bloom out and pop it up with Dimensionals. She added some subtle sparkly by dotting on some Wink of Stella Gold in the flower center. Love that!
Sweet Sentiment—The Birthday Blooms sentiment is stamped in Archival Black Ink, surrounded with some sequins from the Love Blooms Embellishment Kit.
#2) Watermelon Watercolor Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Birthday Blooms (clear, wood)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive & Watermelon Wonder Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Birthday Bouquet DSP; Watermelon Wonder & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Wink of Stella Gold, retiring Watermelon Wonder 1" Stitched Ribbon, retiring Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit
- Tools—Ovals Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Paper Snips, Aqua Painters, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Thank you so much to Jodi & Michelle for allowing me to share your beautiful cards!
Until next time,
All retiring stamps will be guaranteed available thru May 22, then they will be while supplies last. Everything else is available while supplies last only, beginning immediately! All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.