Too Cool Events & Specials!
- NEW Too Cool Stamp Club—Group 2 Signups Now Open!
- "Last Thursdays" Card Class—RSVP by July 30
- Stamp-of-the-Month: Traveler—Class-To-Go Kits Available!
- Buy 3, Get 1 FREE Designer Paper - Thru July 31
- You're Awesome 20% off MDS Print Products - Thru July 31
- Blendabilities Markers Now Available!
- Browse the NEW Annual Catalog Online PDF
Today I'm sharing one of the projects we created at our Team Shoebox Swap last week. Our theme was sympathy cards, and my friend Rita Berning brought this lovely card for us to make...
The beautiful Coastal Cabana and Whisper White colors, along with the Too Kind stamp images, combine to create a calming, tranquil card.
Focal Point—We started by stamping the Too Kind two-step stamp onto a die-cut from the Apothecary Accents Framelits. The stems were stamped first in Mossy Meadow ink. Then we added the flowers on top; the bold images were stamped in Soft Sky and the darker shading was stamped in Coastal Cabana.
We sponged Coastal Cabana ink around the edges of the die-cut shape to soften the edges and differentiate it from the background.
Tiny Butterfly—The Coastal Cabana butterfly is made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslit, and is all textured and ready to attach to the card with a Glue Dot. We added a small a Pearl Jewel, too!
Background Accents—To dress up the 4" x 5-1/4" Whisper White background, we added a 1-1/4" wide strip of Whisper White card stock embossed with the Delicate Designs scallop texture.
Quick & Easy Colored Ribbon—Rita showed us how easy it was to color the 5/8" White Organza Ribbon with the Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Marker. Wow! I loved how smoothly the color flowed and bled onto the ribbon. It was quick and much easier than coloring with regular Stampin' Write Markers, plus it's permanent! Those Blendabilities are so versatile and awesome!
►Speaking of Blendabilities...Want to learn more tips & techniques with these fabulous new markers? Mark you calendars for my next TC Stamper Sampler Class featuring Blendabilties on Wednesday, August 20! Woohoo! You won't want to miss this! More details coming soon!
Sympathy Sentiment—We finished the card by stamping a thoughtful greeting from the Love & Sympathy stamp set in Memento Black Ink. So sweet and simple!
Two Cool Cards! Rita also shared a second version of her card at our event. This one has a Lost Lagoon background and a combination of Soft Sky and Lost Lagoon for the two-step flower stamping. Instead of altered organza, she tied the card with matching Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon.
I love it when my team tries out my Two Cool Card philosophy! It's fun to see how the card looks when you change a few things around for a different, yet similar version. Plus, it's a great motto for those of us who have trouble parting with our cards...two cool cards means one to give, one to keep!
Complete Supplies List
- Stamps—Too Kind (wood), Love & Sympathy (wood)
- Ink—Coastal Cabana Blendabilities Marker; Memento Black Ink; Soft Sky, Mossy Meadow, Coastal Cabana (card #1), Lost Lagoon (card #2) Classic Ink
- Paper—Coastal Cabana (card #1), Lost Lagoon & Soft Sky (card #2), Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—5/8" Organza Ribbon (card #1), Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon (card #2), Pearl Jewels
- Tools—Apothecary Accents Framelits, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, Delicate Designs Texture Impressions Folders, Big Shot, Stampin' Sponge, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
Find all the supplies to create this project & more at my Online Store!