- Shop Retired Items—While supplies last!
- Extra Stampin' Rewards—Hosts can earn $35 more reward dollars in June.
- Select 2 FREE Stamp Sets With Starter Kit—June 1-30.
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Occasions Catalog—All-new stamps, papers & accents!
- NEW Annual Catalog Release—Begin ordering June 1.
- BIG BOGO Bash Event—Huge Retired Clearance Sale! June 26, 1-6pm
Hi Stamping Friends,
I have a couple of cute & easy Balloon Celebration birthday cards to share with you today, both created by Too Cool team member Rita Berning!
In case you missed it...I've started signups for my 2016 In Color Club. I'm currently looking to fill groups of 5 stampers, so each will receive one color per month over the course of 5 months. Not only do you receive all of the items in each new In Color and supplies to make 4 cards with that color, you'll also receive Stampin' Rewards during one month! It's a fantastic value!
See all the details of the 2016 In Color Club!
#1 Kinda Eclectic Balloon Celebration Card—Rita Berning brought this cute & easy Balloon Celebration card for our team to create at our shoebox swap earlier this month and I love it! So simple, yet cheerful...and those strings!
Background Basics—This card starts by stamping the sunburst image from the Kinda Eclectic stamp set with Crushed Curry onto a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White card stock. It's adhered to a Bermuda Bay card base.
That Kinda Eclectic set is worth the price just for that fun burst stamp alone! It is a striking background image that highlights whatever is layered on top—a sentiment, a flower, a butterfly, whatever—and really makes it pop! Who would have ever thought it would be so versatile?
Sweet Sentiment—The Balloon Celebration greeting is stamped in Memento Black Ink onto a die-cut label made from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. If you don't have that, simply cut a 2-3/4" x 1" piece of Whisper White and fishtail the ends. The edges are sponged with a Sponge Dauber and Crushed Curry ink, then the element is popped up with Dimensionals.
Balloon Trio—Rita had us stamp each of the balloons onto different colors of card stock with matching inks: Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron and Pumpkin Pie. Then, we punched the balloons with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. The 6" long pieces of Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine were attached to the back with Dimensionals, then the balloon were mounted on the card front. The strings were tied together in a knot, then the knot was attached to the card front with a Glue Dot.
Bundle It NOW & Save—Purchase the Balloon Celebration and Balloon Bouquet Punch in a Bundle before May 31 and save 15%! This discounted bundle will retire after that, but you'll still be able to purchase the items separately in the new catalog.
Finishing Touches—Rita finished her card with a few Bermuda Bay Sequins, secured with Glue Dots.
#2 Balloon Celebration Joy Fold Card—Rita used the same fun balloons with strings on a fancy fold card!
Joy Fold Card Layers—I'm a big fan of this fun style of card using the overlapping "Joy" fold. The top element opens to the right, then the left flap opens to the left, and then you are inside the card. So cool! I don't have the exact measurements on Rita's card, but I'm going to guess:
- Card Base—8" x 4-1/4" piece of Bermuda Bay, scored at 2-1/2".
- Front Flap Layer—2-1/4" x 4" of Crushed Curry patterned paper from Regals DSP Stack
- Inside Card Base Layer—5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White
- Joy Fold Card Base—7-1/2" x 3" piece of Bermuda Bay, scored at 3-3/4".
- Top Joy Fold Mat—3-1/2" x 2-3/4" Crushed Curry card stock.
- Top Layer & Inside Layer—Cut two 3-1/4" x 2-1/2" Whisper White pieces.
Balloon Details—Like the previous card, Rita stamped the Balloon Celebration images in Melon Mambo and Mint Macaron ink onto matching card stock, then punched with the Balloon Bouquet Punch. The Black Baker's Twine is adhered to the balloon backs with Dimensionals, then attached to the card front. The strings are tied together, then secured with a Glue Dot at the knot.
Sweet Sentiment—The greeting is also from Balloon Celebration, stamped in Memento Black Ink.
Finishing Touches—Rita added some It's My Party Enamel Dots for a little pop of color in the corner.
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Balloon Celebration (photopolymer) OR Balloon Celebration Bundle (photopolymer), Kinda Eclectic card #1 (clear, wood)
- Ink—Memento Black Ink; Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron, Crushed Curry (card #1), Pumpkin Pie (card #1) Classic Ink
- Paper—Regals DSP Stack (card #2); Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron, Pumpkin Pie (card #1), Crushed Curry (card #2) & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine (card #1), Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim (card #1), Black Baker's Twine (card #2), It's My Party Enamel Dots (card #2)
- Tools—Mini Treat Bags Thinlits (card #1), Big Shot (card #1), Balloon Bouquet Punch OR Balloon Celebration Bundle (photopolymer), Simply Scored, Sponge Daubers (card #1), Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL
• • • • •
Thanks for sharing your awesome cards, Rita!
Until next time,
The new 2016 Annual Catalog will be released on June 1, but you know you want a copy in your hands NOW! I am happy to offer you a catalog by request! I have them in my hands and ready to distribute! Here's how you can receive a copy:
Current Local & Online Customers—Receive the catalog absolutely FREE, by request.
Not A Too Cool Stamping Customer?—There are 3 ways to get a FREE catalog:
- Placing an order at my Online Store, using the Hostess Code 434UZAWF
- Picking one up at my Too Cool Stamping studio in Fort Wayne, IN
- Order One—Receive a FREE catalog and simply pay $6.45 via PayPal to mail it to you.
All retired merchandise will be gone for good after May 31, 2016.