- December Stamp-of-the-Month Class—Snow Place. Register by Dec. 4.
- December Countdown To Christmas—Reason For The Season. Register by Nov. 30.
- Paper Pumpkin Party—Only $5 or FREE for Paper Pumpkin subscribers. November 30.
- Weekly Deals—New specials announced every Tuesday!
- Clearance Rack—Discounted retired merchandise!
- Browse The 2015 Annual Catalog—See the latest products!
- Browse The Holiday Catalog—All-new seasonal stamps, papers & accents!
- Holiday Catalog Retiring List—Available while supplies last!
Order Holiday Retiring Items At My Online Store!
Hi Stamping Friends!
It's your Last Chance for two cool opportunities today!
#1) Last Day For ONLINE EXTRAVAGANZA Sale!
FREE GIFT With $50 Online Order—Order at least $50 and use the Hostess Code 7CQDQZY9 at the bottom of the Shopping Cart page to receive a FREE Snow Place Note Pad.
Fine Print: Not good on orders for classes, clubs, workshops or with other special incentives. Special offer ends on November 30, 2015.
• • • • •
Sunday, December 6 OR Class-To-Go Kit! Register By November 30.
Registration is now open for my December Countdown To Christmas Class featuring the pretty Reason For The Season stamp set. Create 12 cards—6 each of 2 designs! Kit includes the stamp set, plus additional products and pre-cut supplies to make the cards.
Today, I'm sharing another card design from my December Stamp of the Month class featuring the adorable Snow Place stamp set! There are so many fun ways to play with these cute winter characters and this fun window spotlight card design! I especially love that penguin teamed up with the Brick Wall embossing folder to make it look like he's peeking out of his igloo! Let's take a closer look...
CASEd from Michele Reynolds at Inspiration Ink.
Background Basics—I started by die-cutting a window in a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Whisper White card stock with the Circle Collection Framelits. Then, I embossed the layer with the Brick Wall Texture Impressions Folder and rounded the top corners with the Project Life Corner Rounder Punch. I popped up the layer onto a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Marina Mist card stock, also rounded the top corners. Both layers are mounted onto a Whisper White card base.
Peeking Penguin—I stamped the Snow Place penguin in Archival Black Ink onto Whisper White and colored in his beak with a Tangelo Twist Stampin' Write Marker. His earmuffs and scarf in Cherry Cobbler. All of the pieces are die-cut with the help of the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits—a must-have for cutting all of the parts & pieces!
Bundle It & SAVE—Purchase the Snow Place stamps & Snow Friends Framelits together in a Bundle and save 15% off both!
I tucked the penguin behind the window and adhered him with SNAIL, then popped up his winter accessories with Dimensionals. I added a single Rhinestone Jewels to the scarf.
Frosted Window—If you look closely, you'll see a thin line of sparkle around the edge of the window. I carefully drew a line of glue with the 2-Way Glue Pen, then sprinkled on some Dazzling Diamonds. Fun frosty details!
Sweet Sentiment—I colored the Snow Place sentiment with the Marina Mist and Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers, then stamped it onto Whisper White card stock. It's die-cut with the banner framelit from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. It's popped up with Dimensionals and flanked with a couple more Rhinestones.
This is a fun & easy card to duplicate! I probably should have used the "There's Snow Place Like Home" greeting on this one, huh?!
Two Cool—For the second card, I tried an alternate look featuring the Snow Place snowman. This time the background embossing uses the Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder—perfect for he snowy theme!
Spotlight Window—This time, instead of peeking out of the window, the recessed circle highlights the focal point with color.
Snowman Details—The snowman, his hat and his two branch arms are all stamped in Archival Black Ink. The tie is stamped in Cherry Cobbler. His nose is colored with a Tangelo Twist marker and the hat is colored in with a Cherry Cobbler marker. I used Garden Green and Real Red markers to color the holly & berries on the stamp before stamping the two-color image. All of the pieces are die-cut with the Snow Friends Framelits and everything except the arm on the right is popped up.
Sweet Sentiment—I stamped the first phrase in Marina Mist and the second in Cherry Cobbler.
Create These Cards With Me—December Stamp-of-the-Month Details
Complete Supplies List—"Clear" means a rubber stamp on a clear block. "Photopolymer" is see-thru.
- Stamps—Snow Place (photopolymer) OR Snow Place Bundle (photopolymer)
- Ink—Archival Black Ink; Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Real Red & Tangelo Twist Stampin' Write Markers; Cherry Cobbler & Marina Mist Classic Ink Pads
- Paper—Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist & Whisper White card stock
- Accessories—Dazzling Diamonds, Rhinestone Jewels
- Tools—Big Shot, Snow Friends Framelits OR Snow Place Bundle (photopolymer), Mini Treat Bag Thinlits, Circle Collection Framelits, Brick Wall Texture Impressions Folder (card #1), Softly Falling Texture Impressions Folder (#2), Project Life Corner Rounder Punch, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dimensionals, SNAIL
I'd Love To Hear From You!
Which card do you like better—the Penguin or Snowman?
Leave me a comment at the bottom of the page!
Wednesday, December 16, 6:30pm OR Class-To-Go Kit Mailed by December 15!
Kit includes Snow Place photopolymer stamp set, a pack of Rhinestone Jewels & all the pre-cut supplies and instructions needed to create 6 adorable winter cards!